Chapter 2: Bye Indiana!

Nicolás' POV

It's 7th period

It's 7th period. The period right after lunch and honestly I've never wanted to leave this building more than I do now. I look over at my sister who is sitting next to me in AP World History, and she looks like she is about to fall asleep, I can see it in her eyes.

I feel so bad for her, I know she hates it when I do but I can't help but feel like I've failed her as an older brother (even though it's only by 77 seconds). Every time that Bastardo did something to her, she was alone and helpless. It makes me sick.

I'm daydreaming, looking past the teacher to the clock on the wall, when I hear" Noelle and Nicolás Jones to the front office immediately please" I look up and see Elle looking at me confused. I grab my bad as she grabs hers and we walk out of the classroom.

" Qué crees que quieren ellos?" (What do you think they want?) I hear Elle say. I just shrug as we make are way to the office. Once we enter we see the principal waiting for us. Elle and I exchange a look of confusion, then turn back to see the principal looking at us will pity in his eyes. " Hey guys, come join in my office please" we follow him and sit down in the 2 seats sitting in front of his desk.

I see a women sitting in a chair to the side of his desk smiling sadly at us. I look at Elle again and see her looking at me which the same confused expression. We both turn towards the principal wondering what he has to say.

" So I recently received come bad news, I know this may come as a shock so please take a breath and bare with me" I'm starting to get a little agitated, will be just tell me what happened. " This morning, your mother and her boyfriend were found dead out side of a bar. I don't know all the the details but that what I was told to tell you." I don't show any emotion, I look over at Elle, she is doing the same but I can tell that deep down inside she is relieved. I know I am.

After silence for a while, I finally speak up "So what will happen to my sister and I?" The principal looks over at the lady that I had honestly forgot was sitting there. She clears her throat "Well we ran your fingerprints through the system today and got a hit. Your biological father is alive and very happy and willing to become your legal guardian! He is coming in the morning from Los Angelos to pick you guys up! Isn't that exciting!" I'm not necessarily surprised I have a dad, I mean I knew I had to but I'm a little shocked he lives in LA and is willing to take us in.

I wonder if he will still be "Happy and Willing" once he finds out about everything that's happened to us. When he finds out about Elle and her baby. I'm deep in thought when I hear the woman's very screechy voice again "I'm gonna take you guys home to pack so you can be ready when I come pick you in the morning!" I guess I'm thankful I get to leave school. I look over at Elle, she is just sitting there. I know she is conflicted about what's to come. I guess we will just have to find out. Well "Bye Indiana."