Chapter 5: They Know Italian?

Diego's POV

XX In the car XX

XX In the car XX

I see ladybug snuggled up laying on Nico's shoulder. She looks so innocent and peaceful. Nico looks content but I can see the worry and pain in his eyes. What happened to my babies?

After I had my boys with my late wife, I was broken and Sophia (the twins mom) helped me. I'll never forget the day I saw her, she was gorgeous.

We were together for 3 months before I brought her home to the boys. They were still upset about the death of their mother. But Sophia brought that nurturing aspect back into the house. She didn't try to replace Xiomara (His wife and boys mom) which everyone appreciated.

When she told me she was pregnant, I was so excited. Being in the mafia, you usually spend most of your time there. I made sure to make time for my kids, so they knew how much they meant to me.

I remember the day I held the twins in my hands for the first time, when I held Noelle, it was like my life changed. My ladybug. She was our everything.

When she took them, we were devastated. I was broken again. I hadn't only lost my babies but I lost another love as-well.

Seeing them again, I feel like the hole in my heart has been replenished. But I know they are not the same, I know something happened to make them the way they are.

Hearing Nico saying soothing words in Spanish to Noelle to wake her up, it warmed my heart. I remember doing that to her when she was an infant. She was always startled when she first woke up.

In the car I can see they are nervous. Am I making them nervous? I sure hope not. Maybe it was the brother bomb? I hope they warm up soon.

Lost in thought I hear Noelle's angelic voice. A voice I've missed being able to hear everyday. "Can you tell us about the brothers?"

"Of course ladybug! Well you have 4 older brothers; Sebastián, Santiago, Miguel and Mateo. Sebastián is 24, Santiago is 21, and the twins Mateo and Miguel are 18. They all have different personalities but they all missed you guys very much. We've been looking for you guys for a long time. 13 years to be exact."

I can see them processing everything. I wish they could have remembered us, but I guess they were 3 years old.

"La foto. Con mamma e i cinque ragazzi. Pensavo fossero solo qualcuno con cui è crecuita o qualcosa del genere, ma dovevano essere nostri fratelli."
( The picture. With mom and the five boys. I thought there were just someone she grew up with or something, but they must have been our brothers.) I hear Nico whisper to Noelle.

They know Italian?