iv.

|"is a photo really that necessary, mother?"|

As the enclosed train moves, Bellina tried her best to not make any eye contact with her mother, she grunts a little as the strap of her tight waist belt was a bit suffocating her.

"I still quite don't understand why we're moving, not that I'm against—because I'm not," Bellina denies, she was still a little skeptical with the life her parents are forcing her to have.

Her mother, who was looking straight ahead, looks at the red-haired and sighs, "Are you really going to ask that now that we are almost there? God, Adolphus, we still have to do something with her hair."

Adolphus puts down the newspaper he was reading and transpires, "What do you mean, Meryll? Y-You don't actually mean we're dying her hair now, do you?"

"I haven't decided yet. I was lucky enough the color of my hair toned down as I grow. But we need the best impression as soon as we step foot into Avaleine, do you understand? Bellina!"

But again, Bellina Maude was too occupied looking at the window, imagining the life she could have if she was on a completely different path.
"I'm sorry, mother. Yes, I heard what you said."

The train took a halt, as Bellina lifts her head in excitement with a hint of anxiousness. She isn't too fond of meeting new people, that's for certain. However, she looks forward to restarting a new beginning.

Vincent stood, followed by the Averells who were then greeted by a boy by the station, rather a familiar boy to Bellina.

"Welcome to Avaleine," he smiles but was soon faded seeing the people in front of him.

From a gentle smile, dropped Bellina's lips as she furrows her eyebrows.

"You," she calls. "I don't—"

"Get down, now, Maude. Quick, before the photographer leaves," Meryll says, who had completely forgotten Eugene.

Bellina shifted her attention towards her mother, "A photographer? Is a photo really that necessary, mother?"

"Mother, seriously?" Arthur joins, annoyance was clear on his face.

Meryll smiles as she took off her gloves, "I've managed to muster one here on the train station, we need a new portrait now that we're starting a new life here in Canada."

Eugene moves beside the photographer, with a beam, the Averells moved close to each other and pieced out a smile.

As the smoke got out, Bellina tucks a piece of her hair in embarrassment, who tried to hide from Eugene.

Bellina was left with Vincent as she tries to help with the trunks, who was of course outvoted by the men who were also waiting at the train station just like Eugene. He speaks, "Never in a million years would I have guessed you were moving here."

But she was silent yet a bit stern. She calls, "I'll be on my way, Vincent."

Dàvid George, who was carrying a few of their trunks then converses with Eugene, "Forget it, Romeo. Might as well ask if you can fly than getting the likes of her."

Corrington laughed, "She seems to be unfamiliar with the world, Dàvid. Yet, so knowledgeable about everything."

"I pity her," Dàvid adds. "She ignored you too well, though."

Eugene punches Dàvid's arm playfully, "That's because she has to."

The blonde adds, "She seems really interesting. I reckon she doesn't have any friends."

They arrived at a wonderful house, it was smaller than before, sensible, yet the most perfect house Bellina could wish for. The main color was white, bricks for wall and full of green in the surroundings. Gable-shaped canopy over the windows which simply is just what Bellina likes. It was full of people as well, though she wasn't entirely sure of what to do, she remained calm and was everything a well-brought-up girl should be.
She calls, looking at Eugene from afar, "I'll never live it down, Vincent. He's here."

"Welcome, Averell's," a plump woman says in a smile, with a girl beside her munching on a slice of bread. The girl was rather homely and seems fairly nice. "Agatha," the woman calls in gritted teeth.

"Oh. Uh, Agatha Williams," she says reaching his hand to Bellina, still holding the bread.

Bellina blinked her eyes, trying her best to give a good impression, she shook the hand even if she had to endure the crumbs of the bread.

"Put that down!" the woman whispers. "Apologies, uh..."

"Meryll," Mrs. Averell told her, judgingly.

And with Bellina's least expected happening, Eugene came by beside Agatha.

"Agatha, you really are fond of pastries, aren't you?" he says.

She turned, "For months you've been gone, and this is the first thing you say to me now that you're back?" she rolled her eyes and shifted herself back again to the Averell's. "Pardon this boy, he's ridiculous."

Meryll, with her lips curled, speaks, "Have we met before?"

Eugene looked at Bellina, who was surely nervous by the look on her face. He smiles still looking at the red-head, "I'm afraid not, no."

Nodding, Meryll and Adolphus proceeded to step foot inside the house as Arthur and Bellina stood still in the grass within the people.

"What's with the crowd?" Arthur asks Vincent.

"It's a small town, people sure enjoy new company." he paused and took a deep sigh. "Off you go, Sir, Miss, the first day of school starts tomorrow."

Bellina trailed behind Arthur and Vincent, as she felt a soft tap coming from her back.

She turned around with gently curved eyebrows.

"Uh — Good day to you, Mr. Corrington."

"You seem real vexed at me earlier," he answers.

She took a deep sigh as she closes her eyes, "I'm trying to forget all that. What is it you need?"

"I have your photo," he answers.

Bellina leaned a bit and had a look, as she smiles unintentionally, "It's a good thing photographs are in black-and-white," she paused. "Do you suppose images in the future will be colored?"

He curled his eyebrows in confusion, "What makes you think that?"

She sighs, "It's a bit tiring getting called carrots, firehead, or strawberries. I wouldn't want people from the future looking at our photographs and still dread my lifelong sorrow from my grave."

He lets out a chuckle, "I never really understood the point of loathing red as a hair color. I think it's the best one could have. It looks real stunning, believe me."