Parents?

Chloe POV

That night I was laying down in my bed thinking about everything that was going on between the guys and I. I couldn't bare to see drew like that. He looked so broken. He's usually so happy and cheerful so this was a side of him I've never seen before.

Plus I don't even know how I feel about keaton right now. Like he's such a sweetheart but I feel like my feelings are stronger towards wes and drew. And wes... Oh gosh wes. When we kissed today I could feel a connection I felt that buzz on my lips, like they belonged there. He always makes me feel so safe and that's something important im looking for considering the amount of shit I went through. I need to clear my mind. I quietly go out of bed and walked downstairs making sure I woke no one. When I got to the bottom of the staircase Wesley was sprawled out across the couch. I guess he fell asleep watching a movie because Netflix was on. I grabbed the blanket at the end of his feet and laid it across him. When I was about to leave he woke up.

"Chloe where are you going!" He asked in a grumbly voice. "Oh....umm I was just gonna uh umm... Skate by the beach to clear my head" I replied worried at what his reaction will be. Wes stretched his arms and yawned then rubbed his eyes. He grabbed his phone off the coffee table and checked the time. "Chloe really? It's 3am it's way to dark out please go back to sleep?" He begged. "I just really need to clear my head please?" I pleaded. "Im coming with you then" he demanded as he got up. He was in only pj pants with no shirt (I didn't mind). I was gonna argue and say no but it's no use with him.

We grabbed our board and headed out the door. "So where are you going to clear your head this early?" He asked as we skated side by side. "My moms house" I replied.

Wes jumped off his board and stood there with a blank look. I stopped and turned to him. "What?" I asked confused. "Why do you want to go there?" He asked slightly angry. "I don't know Wes. When I can't sleep I would usually go down and talk to her if she was awake. She would know what to tell me." I stopped I couldnt talk. "Wes I have something I need to tell you..." I stopped. "Chloe look at me." He caressed my face. "You can tell me anything just talk to me" he assured me. I nodded and took a breathe. "When I was little I was put up for adoption by my parents. They couldn't financially support me. I got a phone call not that long ago that my birth mother had did in a car accident. I didn't say anything to you guys because I never really got to see her. Well I did I just don't remember, so I guess that didn't hit me as hard as my step mom...." I looked away from him. He pulled me into his chest and I slowly wrapped my arms around his waist. "Chloe im so sorry. Is this why your step moms death is hitting you so hard? Because she was the only woman in your life?" He asked and I just nodded. "Chloe im here for you don't worry" he comforted me.

We continued to skate down the road until we reached my old house. I unlocked the door and we both stepped in. I left Wes at the doorway as I walked upstairs.

Wes POV

Chloe was being awfully quiet upstairs. About 15mins passed by and I got worried so I went to check on her. I walked up the stairs tip toeing and I walked down the hall to realize all the doors were closed except the one at the end of the hall. It was open slightly and as I opened i look around to see Chloe was sitting on a small couch with her back facing me. I walked towards her and as I got closer I saw she was staring at something in her hand. I sat down beside her and realized she had a crinkled picture in her hand.

In the picture there was Chloe as a little girl and a woman and a man. "Chloe?" I said as she turned her head to me. She didn't say anything. I lifted her by the waist pulled her into my lap. "Chloe who are these people?" I asked softly. "My parents." She mumbled. "Your parents?" I asked. She nodded. "Do you know their names?" I tried to keep the convo. "Michelle and Derek I think, im not to sure" she replied still staring at the picture. "Do you want to meet your dad?" I asked her. "No" she replied sternly and fast. I have her s confused look. "If he couldn't support me when I was little he definetly can't support me now. I have no need to have him in my life when I have a perfectly fine family" she said which put a little smile on my face. I realized she also had another picture under that one and that one I could tell was of her step mother. I didn't want to stress her out anymore so I told her we should get going. She looked exhausted so when we got outside I lifted her up onto my shoulder and held the boards in my other hand.

When we got back to the house I walked up to her room and carefully placed her on her bed. As I was walking out the door she said my name, "wes"? I turned around and walked back to her side. "Ya?" I replied. "Come here". She said and I smiled while climbing into bed with her. I wrapped my arm around her and se rested her head on my chest and closed her eyes. It's been building up inside me I need to tell her. Even though she's asleep and won't hear me I need to tell her. I kissed her cheek and whispered "im deeply in love with you Chloe Rivera" I kissed the back of her head and fell asleep.

Chloe POV

I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. I felt wes kiss my cheek and I heard him whisper in my ear "im deeply in love with you Chloe Rivera". Love. That's such a powerful word. I haven't heard that word in so long. Feels nice

~next morning~

I woke up starving and got out of bed. Wes must have gone for his morning jog already. I walked to my mirror closet and stared at myself. I guess I feel like Chloe again. It just feels so relaxing not having to be a space for my step dad anymore.

I tied my hair into a messy bun and found an old sweatshirt on the chair so I put it on. I walked downstairs and I guess it was kinda early because no one was up yet. I sat down on the couch and just smiled to myself. I couldn't get what he said out of my mind. Just thinking about how he made me feel last night was so overwhelming.

That's when I noticed....

He's the one. How could I not realize it. He's the one I've wanted this whole time. He was the first one I met. The one who noticed a strange girl crying on the streets and was in need of some comfort. The one who saved my life from ken killing me. The one that was there for me through it all. The one who told me he was deeply in love with me......