Cherry on top

Hi readers.. !! Here's my next chapter, vote me if you like it.. :-)
Edited by NicoleMarshall, i love her.. :-)
Picture above is of alice for this chapter. I hope you enjoy this one.. :-)

********************

"Where have your manners gone ??!! " Emily cried bursting into my room.

"Stop behaving like mom. Ems, you are giving me headache" I said rubbing my temples.

An hour ago was when I saw Jacob on the door. He cleared his throat and said, "Welcome home, Alice." with an affectionate smile on his face. I composed myself from sudden shock. "Who the hell are you to welcome me in my own home ??!! " I asked out of irritation.

His face expressions didn't change a bit and he said, "Well, hello to you too."

I was beyond irritated by his sudden friendly behavior. I was already messed up and this sudden encounter acted as a cherry on the top.

"Cut the crap Jacob, we both know that we are not friends. So," I took one step forward to be at his face level, "Stop behaving like one." I finished and brushed past him. But not before watching the bright smile dropping off his face.

Now, Emily is standing in my room lecturing me for my behavior.

"And you stop behaving like the most miserable person in the whole world. Look around you !!" She said to me mercilessly.

"I'm not miserable. Emily !!" I took a step closer to her "Behave yourself." I finished sternly.

"That's exactly what I'm trying to tell you Alice. The poor boy was worried sick the whole day for you." She said softly.

"You must be kidding, why would he worry about me ?? Besides, why is he here, shouldn't he be at his college?" I asked crossing my arms on my chest.

"No, I'm not kidding. And he's here to see Wilma. She was sick for the whole week." She said that with a tone of finality and turned around to leave my room.

"Wait !!" I called behind her before her hands touched the door knob, "What happened to Wilma" I asked curiously. Guilt started to creep inside me. Wilma is like a mother to me and I didn't know about her illness.

"She's suffering from heart trauma. Doctors recommended her to have rest. Don't worry, she's fine now." Emily finished softly and twisted the knob.

"Wait !!" I called again. There's one more thing I wanted to ask. "Why was he worried about me.. ?? " I asked with a shaking voice. If he was worried, then I shouldn't be rude to him.

"Why don't you ask him your self and apologize to him too.. " She suggested and left my room.

I couldn't help but think about it, I had realized my mistake. But before that I need to see Wilma.

"How could I be that mean ??" I asked myself. Tears started pooling in my eyes. I was angry at my own self. I had given my problems a huge control over my whole self. Emily's right, I realized. Wilma was sick, she was in pain and I never noticed ??

"How is it possible, that the woman who I love like my own family was suffering and I never knew. How could I be that mean ever ??!! Was my fucked up social life more important to me..?? " I questioned myself. And I knew the answer.

So, I got up, gathered all my courage and walked towards her room.

Reaching her door I hesitated. But then I knocked softly with my shaking hands.

" Come in, " called Wilma's weak voice as my key of entrance. So I turned the knob and went in.

All my courage drained away watching Jacob sitting in her room. I was still not ready to face him, after what I had done. His presence makes me feel embarrassed. I lowered my head and suddenly started staring at my feet.

" Sweetheart, please come in. It's so nice to have you here." Wilma's voice brought me back to the present.

I averted my gaze, gave her a soft smile and entered her room. As I reached her bed, Jacob suddenly got up and left the room in just a blink of an eye.

Wilma gave me an apologetic smile and gestured me to sit. I took his place.

I was looking at my hands, fidgeting with my fingers. Guilty for my actions. First her and then her son today. My matchless rudeness was award winning.

"How was your day, honey ?" She decided to break the ice first.

"Uh.. It was the normal one. Just fine. " I replied in a soft tone. Still not able to talk.

"Have you ate something yet ? Should I ask someone to bring something you want ? " she asked in her normal working tone which was now weak because of illness.

"I'm sorry." I said just before my voice broke. A lump started to raise in my throat. Tears started burning in my eyes. I lowered my face to hide my emotions. But who am I kidding?

"Oh honey come here." She wrapped her arms around me. I rested my head on her shoulder, tears started to stream out of my eyes despite my protest. But once my head touched her shoulder all my power gave in.

I was sobbing till now. She was patting my back tenderly and rocking me. Just like she used to do to me as a kid. Telling me the calm words which my ears were not able to make out. I didn't notice how long I remained at that position but when my emotions resided. I raised my head. Wiped my face and looked at her.

"Alice, you never need to apologize to me for anything. But always know, whenever you need someone I'm right here." Wilma said to me with concern.

I wrapped my arms around her again " I love you so much and thank you." I murmured against her.

She patted my head, " I love you too, just never let your self break like that again. I want to see you happy. Can you do this for me ? " She asked.

I look at her face. Her eyes searching my face for an answer. "I'll try my best," I said mustering a small smile on my face.

"Good, now go freshen up. I'll send dinner in your room." She said, ushering me out.

I got up on my feet and kissed her cheek.

" Get healthy like before soon. " I said turning around to leave her room.

I opened the door, was about to step out.

"Try talking to Jacob. You both need to sort things out." Her voice called behind me.

"I will," I said and closed the door.

Without thinking twice I went straight to his room. Knocked softly at his door, before opening it and entering in.

He was laying on his bed, eyes closed an arm under his head.

First, I hesitated thinking that he must be asleep. I was about to close the door, when a voice saying, "Come in," stopped me.