Chapter 11

Last Chapter:

"I need to tell you something. "

~~~~~~~

Marshall's P.O.V

I was ready to pour my heart out to her. I was going to tell her about how I'd loved her since I met her, and how I'd only dated Fionna to get my mind off her because I knew I could never have her. I thought she was beautiful and nobody else's opinion of her mattered to me. I thought everything about her was perfect. Then, I choked.

"Um, I was wondering if maybe, um, you wanted to go watch Heat Signature maybe?" I asked awkwardly, trying to think of something to cover up what I was about to say. 'You're such a screw-up' the voice inside my head whispered tauntingly. 'She'll never love you' I hated that voice. Whenever I screwed up, it was there, telling me how stupid I was.

"Yeah, I'd love to watch it with you!" She said, her angelic voice interrupting my thoughts.

"Okay,let's go." I said, smiling. This was my chance.

~~~~~~

"Ah!" She screamed as she pulled herself deeper into my chest. Heat Signature had finished ages ago, and we were watching some horror movie now. I chuckled and put my arms around her. It just crossed my mind that our faces were so close, so I leaned in and kissed her. She didn't pull away as I'd been expecting, she leaned in and kissed me back. I ran my fingers through her soft brown hair and she put my other hand on her hip. She pulled away to come up for air, and when she regained her breath, she whispered: "Marshall, I love you."

"I-I love you too." I whispered back as I leaned in to kiss her again. She took the beanie I was wearing off my head, and ran her fingers through my hair. I started trailing kisses down her neck, and she was squealing.

"Are you okay?" I asked, a little alarmed.

"Y-Yeah, I'm just really ticklish"

"Oh, you are?" I asked teasingly, pinning her to the ground.

"Marshall Lee don't you da-" she screamed, but she was interrupted by me starting to tickle her all over the place. She laughed uncontrollably. Then, halfway between her laughing and squealing, she leaned forward and kissed me on the mouth. I instantly stopped tickling her as she rolled us around so that she was pinning me to the ground. She broke the kiss and started tickling me.

"Hey, no fair! You used the powers of seduction to your advantage!" I yelled.

"Fine." She pouted and let me stand up. We sat down on the couch again, and she buried her head in my chest and fell asleep. I lightly kissed her on the forehead as I whispered:

"Best. Night. Ever."