Chapter 10

Story Update:

I'MSORRYI'MSORRYI'MSORRYI'MSORRY!!

I'be been kinda busy with school and stuff, so I haven't had time. But, the school year ends as .of next Wednesday! (Tuesday for Americans) And I promise that I'll write in the holidays ^_^

-----------------------------------------

Chapter 10

Marshall's P.O.V

"SHE WHAT?!" I shouted into the phone.

"I'm sorry Marsh, she just threw the box away before I could say anything!" Lucia whimpered. I couldn't believe this. I finally work up the courage to tell her I love her, and she throws it away. I can't blame her, though. Who would love an ugly lumping loser like me? I'm such an idiot. She's perfect.

"That's okay." I said quietly, trying not to let Lucia hear the sound of me dying inside, which was clearly distinguishable. " Can you get her to come over and junk?" I asked. I tried not to sound to reserved, in case she saw that something was up.

"Um, sure. I guess." She said, before I heard a familiar 'boop' and knew she hung up. Glob, I haven't used a phone in ages. I don't know why I still have one. Oh yeah,

So I could call Briar.

Briar's P.O.V

"Bri, you have to go over there. Marsh said he wants to see you." Lucia said. She sounded like a mother doting over her child. I've always hated that, even back before I was a vampire.

"Ugh, fine." I groaned and rolled off the couch. I dragged myself into my bedroom and tried to make myself look presentable. I brushed my tangled hair, changed my clothes and cleaned my shoes. I went downstairs and walked out the door. Marshall's house was a short walk away.

Marshall's P.O.V

I faintly heard a knock on the door. I pulled out my earbuds and floated downstairs, only to see Briar standing there. She looked amazing as usual. I pulled her into a tight hug and she buried her head into my neck. She smelled so nice. I know that sounds creepy, but I'm serious. "I'm so, so sorry" she whispered into my neck. I let the soft vibrations of her quiet, usually loud voice soothe my ears.

"Don't be" I replied. "I was so insensitive." I pulled her out of the hug. I'm sure that when I did, a look of sadness crossed her face.

I knew what I had to do. I looked at her again. I'm not sure how long I did, but I managed to take in every single perfect feature of hers. Her hair, her eyes, the way that little backwards 'R' formed under her lips when she pouted. She was so beautiful. I loved her laugh, her singing (she never sung in public, except for little bits of songs sometimes), I loved her smile, the looks of mock hurt she'd give you if you jokingly insulted her, she was almost always happy, I'm pretty sure I love everything about her.

She pulled something out of the little shoulder bag she had and extended her arm out towards me. In her hand was a neatly folded red flannelette shirt. MY neatly folded red flannelette shirt!

"I kinda borrowed this. You can take it back now" she said with a silly little smirk.

"Thanks" I said, returning the smirk and snatching it out of her hand.

"Briar,"

"Yeah?"

"I need to tell you something."