Chapter 9

I went to Kazuichi's dorm. I was about to knock on his door, when I saw Kazuichi walking towards me.
"Y/n? What are you doing here?"
"Oh. I- uh... I came here to... ... ... Sorry, my mind's really blank right now. I can't think of how to put it into words." I don't even know how I couldn't think of what to say. I could've just told him that I was here to ask him something.
"Uhh okay. Wanna come inside? Everyone's doing their own thing and I'm super bored."
"Okay." I got excited. He was inviting me to his room!! Obviously it meant nothing though. He was just bored, right? I was starting to get my hopes up about this.

"So, did you finally decide on how to put your sentence into words?" Kazuichi asked.
"Oh yeah! I came here to ask you about something."
"What is It?"
"Well, you might not like it at all. Are you sure you want to hear It?" Kazuichi paused for a moment. It was as if he already what I was going to say.
"S-sure."
"Are you... still sad about what happened the other day?" Kazuichi looked a little sad. Then he suddenly smiled.
"Of course not! I've moved on now. I can't just sit around being sad all day." There was an awkward silence afterwards.
"Is that only what you came for?" Kazuichi broke the silence and asked.
"What do you mean?" Was he getting annoyed at me?
"Did you only come here to ask me that question?" When he asked that, my heart started beating faster. Not out of affection, though. I was nervous. What should I say?
"I came here to also... get closer to you." I whispered the last part.
"Huh? Could you repeat the last part? I didn't hear it."