Chapter 30

Chapter 30

●●●

„Hey Jin... yeah, I'm barely alive." God, he had to stop making these jokes.

"Uni stress?" Jin tried to move past him and Jungkook quickly blocked the way, earning a confused brow furrow from him.

"Uhm... it's a bad time. I have visitors." Jungkook quickly explained, still using his body to block Jin's way.

Jin clearly tried to look past him, as if he was going to see them there in the hallway. "Visitors?"

What the hell was Jungkook supposed to say? Something that would maybe stop Jin from entering his apartment. The thing was, he... he wasn't even worried about Jimin or Yoongi. Those two wouldn't give him any trouble, he was sure, but he had no clue how Taehyung would behave if someone entered Jungkook's apartment.

"Uhm... we have a lot to catch up with but I have a boyfriend now and his brother and his brother's husband are here."

"Jungkook? Everything okay?" Jimin entered the hallway behind him before joining him by the door.

"Your boyfriend?" Jin asked, clearly curious, while eyeing Jimin. He was probably taking in just how pretty Jimin was.

"No, his brother." Jungkook quickly corrected, feeling a little weird about calling Taehyung his boyfriend, but it was the best excuse. If he had his boyfriend's family over it would be weird for Jin to join them.

Jimin seemed to grasp the situation quite quickly, moving next to Jungkook. He didn't show any reaction to Jungkook calling Taehyung his brother whatsoever. Unlike Taehyung he obviously seemed to know that having someone over for a long time wasn't that easy to explain with a simple 'yeah, they are staying over just because'.

"I'm Jimin. Taehyung's brother. You are?"

"I'm Jin, Jungkook's cousin. I didn't know he had anyone over. I wouldn't have come if I had. I don't want to intrude." Jin smiled politely, but Jimin just waved him off.

"Don't worry! You're not intruding! We also showed up here without a warning. Unless Jungkook has any problem with it we don't mind." Jimin quickly reassured before expectantly looking at Jungkook. God, how much Jungkook wished he hadn't said that. Maybe Jimin was confident in Taehyung not attacking anyone, but Jungkook really had no urge to risk his cousin's life to find out.

"I guess if Jimin doesn't mind..." Jungkook smiled awkwardly, moving to the side to let Jin in. He watched as he slipped his coat off and took it from his hands to put it on the hanger. Even though they had known each other his whole life Jin had been over maybe once in the five years that Jungkook had been living here already. They weren't exactly close. Jungkook had never really felt close to Jin even though they chatted every once in a while.

Maybe because Jin barely ever opened up. He talked about pretty much everything but Jungkook didn't feel like he knew him at all. Even right now, Jin checking up on him felt more like he was doing it because that was what they were expected to do as cousins. Talk every once in a while, and Jungkook had neglected that duty for a little too long now.

"I think I'll prepare something to eat now that we have so many guests." Jungkook declared, mainly because he needed a good reason to grab Taehyung and keep him away from Jin. "Just make yourself comfortable! Do you maybe want some tea? I think we should have some green Assam... or Earl Grey?"

Jin smiled as he slipped out of his shoes and neatly placed them next to the door. "Usually I would decline, but some green tea actually sounds good right now."