Chapter 34

Chapter 34

●●●

"It's a little stupid, but do you wanna go into a haunted house with me?" Jungkook asked while handing Taehyung his Odeng. He'd thought Taehyung was probably going to like something fishy, after all that was what he usually ate in the ocean. Aside from a human snack every once in a while it seemed.

He had chosen some Tteokbokki for himself because he really felt like eating something spicy. He had to get Taehyung to try something spicy sometime.

"What is that?" Taehyung asked, inspecting the food in his hand. Jungkook really wasn't sure whether he was referring to the food or the haunted house. "The thing you're holding is some fish that you really should try, and a haunted house is a place that's mainly there to scare humans. We have a bunch of theories of scary things that could exist... a little like you. I wouldn't say sirens are usually viewed as scary-" He interrupted himself. "Let's sit down over there." He pointed at a small fountain in the middle of the square. Some people who had just been sitting on the edge had left, which meant there was some space to sit.

"Anyways, sirens aren't usually seen as scary. Instead we picture them more as a little dangerous but mostly really alluring sea creatures that, in movies and so on, usually end up falling in love with the human." Jungkook continued as he sat down next to Taehyung.

"Like Jimin." Taehyung shook his head as if to disapprove but Jungkook didn't miss the small smile playing around his lips. He couldn't help wondering whether Taehyung approved of Yoongi's and Jimin's relationship. After all he seemed to look down on humans.

"Yeah, like Jimin. Certainly not like you though." Jungkook chuckled. He realized that he could let Taehyung try some of his food to find out whether he was okay with spiciness or not. Honestly, he wouldn't have been surprised if Taehyung wasn't bothered by the spiciness at all. After all his body was tough as fuck.

"Wanna try some of my food?" Jungkook asked, pointing at it. "I need to warn you though... it's spicy which... in a way is a little like pain? But people like it for some odd reason." Jungkook chuckled, picking up some of the Tteokbokki and holding it up to Taehyung's mouth. Taehyung, while a little hesitant, opened his mouth and took the bite. Jungkook watched in amusement as he closed his mouth around it, grimacing. A little like a child. He swallowed quickly before sticking out his tongue.

Jungkook couldn't help laughing. That was just too cute. Even from Taehyung.

"Weird, right? No clue why we like it." He took another bite. Yeah, it burnt... why did he like this? It made no sense whatsoever.

"More?" He found Taehyung staring at his paper plate.

Jungkook snorted. Wow, so it did work on sirens too? The power of spiciness.

"Sure." Jungkook picked up some more with his little toothpick before holding it up to Taehyung's mouth. When Taehyung leaned forward to get it off the toothpick Jungkook heard some whispers he'd heard way too many times to just brush it off.

"What is wrong with them?" "Disgusting."

"What did you say?" Jungkook dropped the empty toothpick on his little paper plate before getting up. Taehyung seemed confused as to why Jungkook was getting up, but Jungkook just placed the plate down before turning to face the guys.

They were probably around his age. A little younger maybe, but not by a lot. They looked at least nineteen. All of them seemed startled, like they really hadn't expected to be called out on their bullshit. Jungkook wasn't going to let it pass either way.