GET IN LOSER

I wake up, sun shining through the blinds I closed, leaving lines of sunlight on the floor. I sigh, this was the first time in a while that I wasn't woken up by someone's random moaning from my step-dad's room and I got to admit, it was nice. I get up, rubbing my eyes to get used to the light. I head to the bathroom and put on my school uniform. I head out the door to head to hell- I mean, school, Wait how the fuck I'm I gonna get school, shit, didn't think about that. HONK! HOOOOOONNNNK!! I look to see a black SUV, the passenger window rolls down showing a blond I know very well.

"Get in loser, were going to school" Sam yells through the window.

"What if I don't want to?" I cross my arms.

"Look dude, My mom told me I could and would do ANYTHING to get you in this car, kidnap, glass bottle to the head, candy" He lifts up a bag of candy.

"Ok, ok, I'm getting in, didn't have to be so harsh" I hop in the car, yanking the bag of candy out of his hands, stuffing my face full.

"So, I see you've got your driver's lice-"

"YET ME TELL YOU! I've never met a person more strict than my instructor, SHE WAS A BIITCH, toke everything in me not to slap her, plus she deducted points for me looking at the turning signal, you know, the little knob thingy?" I nod, listening, this is how most of are conversations went, him talking to me and me listening. To be fair, he could hold a conversation with a brick wall if he had to.

"it's was stressful as fuck" quietness consume the car, I didn't have really anything to talk about

"Soo... I went to George's place and he was pretty PO... I saw the bruises on his face, did you-"

"Yes, he called my mom a pussy" I looked out the window, trying not to be so angry.

"Well then, he deserved whatever you did to him" He sends a half smile my way, he was walking on eggshells, I could see he was worried about making me mad, maybe I need anger therapy or whatever. I don't want my friends walking on eggshells around me, they shouldn't have to and I'm not a friend who can call in the middle of the night to talk to or if you needed help, maybe George is right, maybe I I'm a bitch. In the first time in years, my eyes water, threatening to spill.

"You know, I'm always here for you, remember, friends forever, as corny as it may be, forever" 

"Forever. So, more about this driving instructor" I switch the subject.

"OKAY, SO, LIKE, She knew my mom, right?..." I just nod my head, listening to him talk for the rest of the ride.

We parked in front of Great Neck South High School, I sigh, I never hated a place more. It wasn't a bad school it was just... exhausting. I was good at school which made the experience boring and slow which was not my type of thing. We walked through the doors, people crowding the hall, many patting Sam's back saying good game or congrats. I think held himself with a little bit of pride.

"See ya after class or at practice" I nod and head off class.

In my last class, We were studying Greek symbols and what they meant. I wrote something in Greek and my dyslexia tried to scramble the symbols, I growled.

"Is there problem? Mr. Knox" My teacher, Mr. Thompson spoke up.

"U-uh no, it's my dyslexia, it tried scrambling Greek, sorry" He nods turning back to his board. I looked back down to see the greek words moving again.

 Ἄρης 

Aρeς

Ares

I stare in shock at symbols that just to into English, I shake my head to make sure I was seeing correctly. I stared at the words for the rest of class.