Summer Break

Summer break had started about 2 months after the events of prom. Max and Iris were both dealing with issues at this point. Max was trying to cope with having feelings for a girl he already knew. He had never really been in love, so he had no idea what he was doing. Iris, on the other hand, was praying that she didn't screw this relationship up like she did with the other ones. This was going to be a very long summer.

~.~.~

"FIRST DAY OF SUMMER, ETHAN!!" Iris yelled at her brother, waking him up.

Ethan looked angry, "Why'd you have to do that?"

"Because we're going to the beach with everyone!" She said cheerfully.

He groaned angrily, "Count me out. I'm going back to bed..."

Iris then got a text from the girl's group chat, "Oh my gosh, Kylie's bikini is so cute!" 

At that sentence, Ethan shot up, "Can I see?!"

She laughed hysterically, "Has anyone told you you're kind of a perv?"

"SHUT UP, IRIS!" He yelled with a red face, "I'm gonna pack my stuff."

"Ok!" She said and skipped out of the room. Going to her room, she packed up her stuff. She then went to the kitchen and made snacks and sandwiches. Ethan came downstairs and a few hours later, they headed for the beach.

~.~.~

Max and Alice set up a small picnic area at the beach near their house for everyone. As they finished, Iris and Ethan arrived.  

"Finally, I've been waiting all day for you," Alice exclaimed to Iris.

"Let me guess, you designed me a bathing suit?" She said, arms crossed teasingly. Alice smiled and nodded. They went up to the house, leaving Ethan and Max.

Ethan turned to Max, "If that bathing suit is even slightly revealing, I will not let you look at her for more than 5 seconds!"

"Gosh Ethan, you act like I'm more dirty-minded than you!" He said laughing, "You realize I'm probably gonna faint when-" He stopped talking abruptly, his eyes wandering behind Ethan. 

"I love it, Ali!" Iris said excitedly, "Look, guys!"

And just like that, Max fainted. Alice went inside grabbed a small pitcher. She filled it with water and dumped it on her brother's red face. He quickly shot up and yelled, "What the heck, Alice?!"

Iris laughed, "What's wrong, Firetruck? Would you rather me give you CPR?" She teased as Max's face became an even deeper shade of red.

"KILL HIM FOR ME, IRIS!" They heard Xandria yell as she and Axel walked up to the beach. Kylie and Luca followed close behind, though Kylie started running towards Ethan. 

 Iris held a hand out to Max, "Need some help?" His heart skipped a beat as he grabbed her hand. When he got to his feet, they were dangerously close. Should  I just tell her how I feel now? No! Wait for the right moment. He reeled in his thoughts and let go of her hand.