Chapter 37

Morning

"Good morning dad..." Yibo whined at his words. " Umm. Sit." Mr. Wang kept his stoic face, while replying his son. Yibo knew , he wasn't at his sake, instead will get a hard time. "Dad ! I'm sorry." Yibo uttered while lowered his head , as he sat on his chair next to his dad. 

"Good to have you for breakfast my son... So what did you decide about the scholarship to Paris?" Mr. Wang once again brought up the topic. Yibo's face grew paler. He knew it wasn't easy escape from this, once it comes to his dad. He stared blankly at his father. 

"Son , these opportunities , don't arise for free you know. You need to understand that." Mr. Wang tried to explain in a calm manner. "But dad...." Yibo knew his excuse will go in vain. "I can't leave Zhan Ge all alone dad..." He whined at his words, keeping it in a extreme low tone. "So you don't want to take the opportunity because of that man." Mr. Wang asked with a sigh, still maintained a calm composer. "Okay then, bring him to my office this afternoon." Mr. Wang gave it straight on his face. 

"But Dad! he doesn't.... Know...." Yibo stuttered at his words, but before he could complete Mr. Wang started to speak. "I'll explain him. You only have one choice Bring him to my office. I'm loud and clear. Or I'll force you to leave." Saying that the man walked away. 

Yibo kept sitting for a while , with a frowning face.

Yibo decided to call Zhan and inform about the afternoon meet. Shoving out the phone from his pocket, he dialed onto Zhan's number. 

"Hello ! Is baobao already missing me." Zhan asked a cheerful voice, that brought a smile to Yibo' gloomy face. "Zhan Ge ! I miss you every second of my life." The younger man snapped with a cheerful tone. "So is there anything you need? Coz you don't call at this time. How may I help you sir.?" Zhan kept his playful tone. But Yibo's face lost it's color. 

"Zhan Ge........ Dad.... Dad.." Yibo stuttered at his words. "Dad what baobao. Relax alright , just tell me." assuring the young man , Zhan patiently waited for the other to reply. "Dad wants to meet you this afternoon. Will you come?" Yibo uttered in one go, while sighed out. "Baobao is everything all right?" Elder man asked in concern. "Don't ask me. Just tell will you come?" Yibo grew restless. "Okay ... Okay calm down. What time?" "By 12:30 pm, dad's got free time by then ." said Yibo. "Okay I'll be there." the elder guy uttered in a low confused tone. 

Finally they hung up. One ended in sadness, while the other frowned in confusion. 

Noon

"Hello Uncle!" Zhan greeted the moment he entered the cabinet of Yibo's father, while Yibo leisurely walked behind Zhan. "Come take your seat." Mr. Wang uttered with a smile, and gestured them to take the two seats in front of his desk. 

"So... Do you know?" Mr. Wang first decided to enquire about it. "Know what uncle?" Zhan stared at Mr. Wang and then turned to his side to glance at Yibo , who was already staring at him. "Bo ! He decided to leave up his golden opportunity to study in abroad just because of you." Mr. Wang said in a serious tone. 

"He decided to give up... Yibo you never... You...." Zhan stuttered , at being surprise. He wide eyed at Yibo, who was now lowering his head, avoiding to make eye contact with both the elders present. "Uncle! I'm really sorry , But he never discussed anything about it. " Zhan tried to reason Mr. Wang. " I know. Tell me honestly what would you have done, if you're in my place?" Mr. Wang asked while staring at both the man. the elder one kept glancing to his side, while his own son decided to avoid it all.

"I would have make him go. infect , at my own position , I'll tell him to go.... I..." "Zhan Ge! I don't want to." Yibo interrupted. "Don't interrupt in middle. Stay quiet." Mr. Wang strictly commanded his son. "Great then. Even you want him to go for it. Look the matter is solved." Mr. Wang said as he stared at Zhan with a thanking smile.

"Zhan ge!" Yibo whined while keeping his head low. "Yibo ! You said you wanted to be a better artist. Then this is you're opportunity and you must go. There's no but and nothing else." Zhan kept it straight in a serious tone. Mr. Wang smiled at his command. He could see that Yibo was about to agree. "I can still complete my course here Gege!" The younger man tried to put his point of view. But the elders in the room , already made up their mind. Yibo sighed , when he felt his utmost defeat. "Thank you Zhan. You're really considerate. " Mr. Wang mumbled while put forward his hand to Zhan. Zhan grasped at the hand and bowed his respect. 

While the young man remained, sulking at his seat, who wasn't at all happy with the outcomes. "Dad you really want this bad for me and Zhan Ge to separate." Yibo snapped at dad once again. "Then you don't need to separate." Mr. Wang snapped back with a smirk. "Huh! What do you mean dad?" Yibo stared at his dad, then he glanced at Zhan , who turned to him at the same time with eyes wide open. "Both of you go together. " Mr. Wang said with a smile. Yibo almost burst into a broad grin, but Zhan frowned at his offer. He felt it wasn't something that really seemed good. First thought came to him was his dad. 

"Talking to you I can feel you're a really good guy." Mr. Wang said to Zhan, with a smile plastered on his face. "But my dad. I can't leave him." Zhan snapped back , furrowing his brows. "Don't worry son, I'll help you take care of him." said the old man in assurance. "But you need to assure me that you'll look after this brat and even come back China and work for me." Mr. Wang continued. "Yes Uncle. Yes I'll." Zhan said with a emotional smile lingering his face. His eyes teared up, and he had to blink it off from falling. 

 After a long talk Zhan and Yibo got up to take their leave.

"Oww ! Auntie hello." Yibo bowed on seeing Youn's mom entering the room. "This is Xia....." Yibo was cut at his words by the elder lady. "I know Xiao Zhan. You  really look more handsome in real. Mr. Wang you really chose a good man for him." Youn's mom uttered while staring at all of them. Yibo and Zhan once again frowned on hearing her words. "What do you mean by chose Auntie ?" Yibo finally asked out of curiosity.

"Oww! Didn't your dad tell you. Mr. Wang, is there any plans that you have decided for?" Youn's mom herself got confused and asked question to either of the person she knew. "You can tell him. I really couldn't manage to say it out." Mr. Wang gestured Youn's mom to get the news to the kids. Zhan and Yibo kept glancing at each other from time to time.

"Dad tell me already?" Yibo whined at his father. "Mr. Wang decided to arrange you're marriage in Paris. Since in China it's not yet legalized. That too before you start with your course study." Youn's mom uttered with a smile. 

Even when their heartbeats , turned to thousand per minute, not a single one of them could utter a word and froze at the place. Slowly turned their heads to glance at each other. "Zhan Ge!" Yibo finally snapped out of his surprise and hopped onto Zhan. They hugged each other and Zhan turned his head to glance at Mr. Wang. 

"Dad ! I love you so much." Yibo ran to his father and hugged him in excitement. The room filled with happy laughter , with few tear drops that finally made it's way out of the emotional couple's eyes' .  

A/N : Sorry for the late update. I was busy yesterday. Please stay tune with the journey. And please leave comments. If there's any mistakes or typos please forgive me before hand. We are at the first step of another storm that's on it's way to come. Thank you to all my abide readers. Love you people. Stay safe always.