Chap 1

The end of the school was upon us. The air thickened as summer approached. I won't do much, but at least, there won't be studying to do. It's always the same: I stay home half of the summer. I go to pools with the family, which gets extremely boring considering the lack of family members my age. Dad, mom, and my baby brother. When I go to parties, it's just me by myself. Nobody my age. My cousins are either ten year-olds, and younger, or over twenty-one. However, I'm actually anticipating summer this year, because I have a list of Kdramas to watch, and a few kpop groups to stalk.

"Caroline," My thoughts were interrupted by my best friend, Se Na. Exasperated, I glanced in her direction. History class. "Pay attention or you'll fail."

"Do you really believe I'll fail?" I asked.

She sighed, "Caroline, how do you get good grades if you always lack interest in class?"

"If you have the brain, ignore the pain."

"What?"

"The pain is the teacher, the lecture or the studying."

"Caroline, you need to help me with my finals please." She started doing some aegyo, even though she knows that won't change my mind about teaching her. I hate teaching. Especially her, don't get me wrong she's my best friend, but she has a thick skull.

"I already said no."

"You nerd."

"Offense not taken."

I lowered my head into my hands and my eyes began to droop. I was slowly drifting to sleep. My desk was hit with something, making me nearly jump from my chair. I looked up to find Mr. Kim, furiously narrowing his eyes at me.

"Ms. Caroline, are you ever going to pay attention in class?"

"Not really."

"Fine. This attitude has got to stop. You are going to help me tutor."

"What? No, anything but that. Please."

"Enough!" He yelled at me, making me shift backwards into my chair. He sat behind his desk and started looking through his papers. "You will be tutoring. Ah, Tae Hyung."

"Tae Hyung? Do you mean mister popularity?"

"Yes, that would be Tae Hyun."

"Okay, I'll do it."

Se Na kicked me under the desk, I guess she might be annoyed I accepted helping someone else, but, in my opinion, if it's Tae Hyung, he won't even bother coming to my house to study. He's too busy going out with girls or drinking with his friends. That's the only reason I chose him. He doesn't even come to class, his grades are a mess. If he didn't care the whole year, I doubt he'd want to learn now. Besides, his family is so rich he can fail and his family will bribe the school with money to let him pass. It's always the same story. Last year, he nearly had forty-nine percent, and when they announced the grades, he magically had an eighty-six.

The bell rang and Mr. Kim dismissed all the students, but told me to stay for a moment.

"Come back here with Tae Hyun, after lunch."

"Why?"

"I need to tell him you're going to tutor him."

"I'll tell him."

"No, Caroline, I'm going to be telling."

"But-"

"No but's, or you will fail my class."

I nodded. How am I going to make Tae Hyun come with me when his reputation is Popularity King and my reputation is none. I have none. I'm just a common student here, with about 5 friends, in total. I mean people only look my way because I'm a foreigner, I come from Chicago. I speak perfect English and, although I've been living in Korea for 3 years, I don't speak good Hangul. I'm smart. Yes. I know. But I don't even have the nerd reputation.

Where just where could this boy be? Maybe I should ask one of his friends. Yes, I'll talk to one of his friends.

"Jimin, where is Tae Hyung?"

"Who? You mean V?"

"If that's what you call him, then yes."

"I'll tell you where he is. If you give me something in return." He smirked. Gosh, do all of them have to be the same? What is it about boy's and their hormones these days.

"What?"

"You know what I want babe."

"A kick up your-"

"Stop talking or I might do it right here." He said placing his index finger on my mouth.

"Jimin, what are you doing?" We both looked the side and it was Tae Hyung. Yes, just what I needed.

"I need to talk to you." I say.

"You talking to me?"

"No I'm talking to the idiot next to you." He looked to the side letting free a half smirk.

"Jimin leave this one to me." Half heartily Jimin retreats back and walks away.

"Now what do we have here." Tae Hyung said placing both his hands one on each side of my face. "I have Thursday and Friday off this week."

"Huh?."

"Don't be shy, many girls come to me to ask the same favor."

"WHAT?"

"I can sleep with you on those two days. Am I not making myself clear?"

After hearing those words all I could do is laugh. "Tae Hyung I don't want to sleep with you." I manage to say in between laughs.

"First call me V and second then what do you want?" He goes back his cocky self.

"Go to Mr. Kim's classroom and you'll understand. All you need to do is decline his offer and we will be alright." I say and walk off.

The day quickly goes by and it is time for our last class which is with Mr. Kim again. He gives us history geometry and health class. As much as I hate history, I think I hate health much more especially if it's our last hour of class. An hour can feel like a year with him. I walk in the classroom and as usual class is still empty it's always the same three people that get here first. Se Na, Changmin (class president) and I its always us three. I walk past a few chairs to seat next to Se Na but before I can sit down Mr.Kim calls me. I walk over to him waiting to hear how Tae Hyung declared his offer.

"Ms. Caroline."

"Yes, Mr. Kim."

"Make sure you tutor Tae Hyung right. He said he'd be thankful if you helped him." He said almost mocking me. "I know you tried making him back away but no worries he agreed to it."

This little twig I thought I was clear with him when I said to DECLINE. Why would Tae Hyung need my help anyway? He got many friend well friends with benefits that can help him.

"Tae Hyung nice to see you in class today. I was just telling Caroline about how you agreed to my offer." They must have planned something out, I hate it! "Caroline you may go and sit. Later in you should get together with Tae Hyung to manage the days you will tutor him."

I turn around shocked literally I'm shocked. I walk back to my seat but on my way to look at Tae Hyung who gives me a smirk. Gross! I have to tutor that?