16

Sᴏɴɢ ғ ᴛʜᴇ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ
"Things don't always go as intended. Discomfort is something everyone has to withstand. The repetition of dramatic situations can make your life exhausting.
People are like that.
When you're not there, you want to be there, and when you are, you don't want to. Who said people are animals of wisdom? For me, obviously, we are animals of regret. People change, just as I've changed. There is nothing permanent in the world. Everything is just a happening passing through."
Pᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ – Aɢᴜsᴛ D

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Everyone line up!"

The first thing Jungkook noticed was Suga and Hoseok's absence.

Jimin was before him with a towel around his shoulders. Jungkook was having a difficult time directing his vision to something that was not the gorgeous man before him.

Granted, nobody with the audacity to look that good could be oblivious that they looked that good.

Jimin knew Jungkook was convinced.

He still couldn't get the image of Jimin pinned below him out of his head. It ensued thoughts that were not appropriate but he allowed them to linger in the refuge of his mind. Not fully encompassed in awareness but not fully dismissed.

To get his ducks in a row he looked behind Jimin only to find several mats scattered on the ground.

Sparring mats.

"What a promising start to our day, don't you agree?" Jimin sarcastically asked. When he received no answer he chuckled. "We're all thinking the same, trust me, but it's been dealt with. I want you all to realize that no matter what arises there are always certain things you should and shouldn't do. Threatening the life of a faction leader, for example. Do it and you're a goner. It's really simple unless you have an ultimate death wish. I can't help you there."

Jimin gestured behind him.

"But, for now, I need your mind and full attention in this training room. You all need to learn how to trigger your combat mindset and get into full gear quickly."

Jimin flicked a strand of hair back and glanced at Jungkook. His lips quirked up into a smirk. A smirk that signaled nothing relatively good.

"You will choose a partner. Unfortunately, one of your fellow pupils was hurt so he will not be joining us quite yet. Therefore, one of you will have the luxury of combating with yours truly."

Suga. . .

He was injured? Jungkook looked down in a contemplative manner and gnawed on his lip.

"Any volunteers?" Jimin strolled back and forth, his combat boots panning on the stone floor. Jungkook moved back so the person before him blocked him out of Jimin's sight. His stare looked expectant and Jungkook knew he would succumb if it was directed at him.

Jimin had an aura of authority that Jungkook could not refute. However, this strong primal ambiance meld beautifully with his elegant physique. Jimin was not incredibly built like other men in Dauntless. Jimin was strong but his strength was more so encompassing rather than pure muscle.

Jimin was something else. His skin, which looked gloriously smooth, was covered in tattoos and scars which did not obscure his beauty.

It enriched it.

They told a story. A story Jungkook was itching to read.

Everything about Jimin was scarily fascinating. Jungkook couldn't see any imperfections but he knew they were hidden beneath Jimin's layers.