30

Sᴏɴɢ ғ ᴛʜᴇ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ
"You're a swindler, you're the criminal who shook my heart.
You used me up before you got caught on fire.
My efforts to win your heart do not work.
I'm just a friend to you, you seem to like that more.
I'm a love loser."
Dᴀɴɢᴇʀ – Bᴛs

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

It had been a couple of days after Jungkook's brush with Jimin.

To Jungkook's surprise, Jimin continued onward with his boastful instructional duties of hammering down on the initiates during their physical training as if nothing had ever occurred.

Jimin forfeited and retreated into his hideaway after his volatile night of emotional leeway and Jungkook didn't know what to make of the situation. Should he have been flooded with annoyance? Rejection? Guilt? Perhaps, all three? Did Jimin remember? If so, did he wish he didn't?

The younger didn't let his concerns be known. Instead, he chose to suffer in silence and witness Jimin gloat in a dark muddy cloud of coldness. After all, there was another looming issue amid the fog.

He couldn't help but think that there was more to his family's killing but where would he even begin? He had no connections. He had no power. He had nothing to follow nor any people to question as if he even had that authority in the first place.

Jungkook sat sipping his orange juice little by little, not entirely favoring the pulpy sour aftertaste that made his back tingle and face muscles contract. It had been a strenuous day of training and it didn't help that he was surrounded by an overly enthusiastic Dema and a sleepy Suga who moodily peeled his tangerine.

"So," Dema began before she punctured her food. "The induction ceremony is in a couple of months."

"We know," Suga mumbled but didn't look up from his fruit.

"Do you guys have a particular position in mind?"

"You're asking as if we had a choice." Suga barked back. Jungkook simply sat munching on his food completely unbothered as the everyday conflict began.

All in all, ranking would determine what position they would secure in Dauntless.

"Sure, you do," Dema retorted. "Your options may be limited but as long as you put in the work now, there should be no problem."

Suga pinched the bridge of his nose. "You do realize we have to be ranked high enough in order to have an assortment of options, right?"

Dema huffed a frustrated sigh.

"Plus, what makes you think you would be worthy of a prestigious position in Dauntless?" Suga smirked. "I doubt they'd be willing to reward someone who almost shot their instructor's eye out."

"Says the one who purposefully missed most of his knife throws." Dema raised her eyebrows in knowingness and Suga grew quiet. "Half-points my ass. You sneaky bastard. If you knew you could've scored higher, why didn't you?"

Suga scoffed and tossed part of the tangerine in his mouth. "And for what? So they can keep an eye on me twenty-four seven? Nah. You do not necessarily get a tangible bonus for being the best. All you do is secure a target on your back."

Jungkook didn't miss the pointed look Suga threw his way.

"So, you'd prefer to remain a middle dog knowing damn well you could be at the top?" Dema asked.