33

Sᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ
"All the writers keep writing what they write. Somewhere another pretty vein just dies.
I've got the scars from tomorrow and I wish you could see. That you're the antidote to everything except for me.
A constellation of tears on your lashes. Burn everything you love, Then burn the ashes.
In the end everything collides.
My childhood spat back the monster that you see."
Mʏ Sᴏɴɢs Kɴᴏᴡ Wʜᴀᴛ Yᴏᴜ Dɪᴅ ⵊɴ Tʜᴇ Dᴀʀᴋ – Fᴀʟʟ Oᴜᴛ Bᴏʏ

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Jungkook's plan worked.

Bravery was a virtue, and sometimes it paid off.

Although the group seemed like yipping hyenas on the annoying ascent to hegemony, they finally decided on how to proceed with their scheme to victory.

Their little trip up the Ferris wheel had tamed Jimin's short fuse. Jungkook and his superior had gotten back to the group looking oddly intriguing. If they weren't in the circumstance they were in he was absolutely certain that the others would've gotten the wrong idea. They both arrived with blown-out hair as if they had been incessantly running their hands through it, stimulated and dilated irises, blistering cheeks, and gnawed lips.

Jungkook was buzzing. Quite the sight if he did say so himself. Dema's raised eyebrow and suspicious gaze confirmed his skepticisms and his cheeks slowly turned a darker shade of crimson.

"If you all are done yapping and twiddling your thumbs, we have an idea," Jimin grumbled.

Everybody gradually calmed down and turned towards their captain. Jungkook noticed the way Jimin's eyes congealed the moment he addressed everyone else. He could physically see the veil set itself in place.

He schooled his features as quickly as the flip of a switch. Jungkook had never been privy to that kind of self-control. Unease slithered through him. Sure, it was fascinating but it made him wonder what else Jimin had the capability of doing. He knew him well enough to know the difference between his true ambivalence and his false front.

Once he had everyone's attention, Jimin turned to Jungkook and nodded encouragingly. Jungkook froze once everyone's eyes migrated towards him. His palms grilled his gun in a clammy hold, one that had him wincing at the sick feeling of sweaty flesh against cool metal.

He didn't know what to say. Not only were they supposed to be running around like headless chickens on the look for a piece of cloth but they were also shooting each other with darts that simulated the pain of real gunshot wounds.

Who the hell came up with this game?

Jungkook cowered at the scrutiny. Jimin must have noticed his internal crisis because his eyes softened to warm and sweet caramel. He gestured towards the group and smiled reassuringly.

Jungkook exhaled shakily and hesitantly stepped forward. "We have eyes on their flag."

That seemed to sprout an ounce of wonder and strive in everyone's faces. Jungkook could see a hint of relief in some, a spark of chaos in others. He deliberately dropped the pebble in placid waters. Everyone remained silent and furtive, willing to listen to him. Jungkook gulped and looked over at Jimin.

Jimin nodded. 'You've got this.'

That's exactly how Jungkook found himself crouched beneath a shattered window with eyes on the opponent, Dema and he patiently waiting for Jimin's signal.