PART I - ALPHA | CHAPTER 10: THE DEPTHS OF THE MIND

Panting and running as if his life depended on it, Vincent navigated through the dorms' halls, looking for the notorious 404 room Elliot probably hid in. As soon as he reached the fourth floor, he noticed Ash was nowhere to be seen, though, that was the least important of his problems. HE ran towards Elliot's room and started banging on the door.

"Elliot!" he yelled. "Please let me in."

He thought that there was gonna be resistance, so he was very surprised when the door spun open and Elliot pulled him in, throwing him into the dark room and locking the door behind him.

"What the fuck?!" Vincent said.

"Shut up." Was the only response as Elliot checked the curtains and blocked every light coming into the room.

"I thought you were upset!" Vincent protested.

"Oh, I very much am!" The human responded. "And you will make it up for me for saying that, but we have more important stuff to catch on to!"

When he finished that phrase, a little light was brought into the room. Right on Elliot's hand was a glowing little pearl. The shivers and waves pulsating from it made Vincent tremble from his ears to his toes.

"Where-" Vincent started.

"I begin." Elliot cut him. "I have a lot of reasons to believe my family has been in the isles and met yours."

That caught Vincent off-guard. Countless questions appeared in his mind, but he was sure Elliot was about to answer them.

"But first, you have to trust me." He said and then put the little pearl in Vincent's paw. "I believe this belongs to you, and now that you have it, I'm gonna ask you some questions after I finish explaining."

Vincent was shocked. The artifact in his paw has been searched for around the isles since it disappeared twenty years ago. He couldn't believe how Elliot handed it to him that easily. It almost felt fake... but that feeling, was impossible to fake.

"Do you know what this is?" He said, concerned. "How important it is?"

"I have an idea, yes," Elliot confessed after staying a few seconds in silence. "After finding it, I noticed all the Betas had a similar... aura? I don't know the exact word to describe it, but they had that in common. So, I assumed this is what makes Omegas into Betas. But if it was only that, it shouldn't be so important, so I also assumed it turned the Betas into Alphas at some point too, am I right?"

Vincent was shocked again.

"Spot on."

"Now, back to us. When was the last Interspecies War?"

"Two decades ago."

"That's also the time when the Luminous Charm disappeared, and also the time when this," he grabbed the little spell book, "was written, and look. I noticed the spells are different. Three of them are written in Greek and are related to the mind, but one has a Portuguese name and is related to magic itself and is written with a different font."

"Font?"

Elliot shook his hands.

"Writing style, the forms, I don't know, I forgot the word for it." He complained. "But bear with me, this is a letter my mom wrote for my dad a long time ago. He gave it to me to have something of her."

He showed Vincent the letter, and it wasn't hard to notice. They had the same calligraphy. It was awfully similar, impossible to be a coincidence.

"So, your mom..." Vincent started.

"And my dad were in the war at the Archipelagos, they met your parents..." Elliot continued.

"And somehow became friends..."