PART II - SIGMA | CHAPTER 10: THE 10 COMMANDMENTS

"So, do we have a deal?" I asked.

It's enough deals for today.

"I have to think first," I responded.

"There is nothing to think about," I answered. "It's a simple question, a simple condition, you know you wouldn't cross that line if not for accepting the deal."

That was a reasonable answer, of course, I had come up with that, but besides that, their tone was infuriating me. It was the same tone I used to convince someone to do what I wanted. I knew myself too well, but for some reason, what infuriated me the most was the trust I had in that image. I knew the deal was a good offer, but a sick one as well.

"Very well," I responded. "It's a deal then."

⋊⋈⋉

"Are you sure about this?" Vincent asked for the fifth time.

"I am," I responded. "If we want a chance against the Sigmas, we need to give them all the boost we can."

Mix stared at me, holding the Luminous Charm in their hands, with a worried look. I had convinced Vincent to take it from Eulbert on the implications of training Elijah, luckily the fox had more important things to do.

"I don't think the Alphas want me having this." They argued.

"Well one of them does, or half-does." I looked at Vincent.

"The opinion of six counts much more than just one." He replied. "But I do agree with your plan, even if I think it's risky."

"Vincent, you've mind-read Mix twice, with my and Elijah's help, you know they mean what they say," I replied.

"I'm more worried about their attitude," Vincent confessed. "I'm glad we have a powerful ally, but you know the reason we take will very seriously."

Vincent had instructed me more on the functioning of Will. Soul magic, or Life magic, whatever, instead of requiring information and knowledge, functioned using the willpower of the bearer, so a weak will equals a weak Soul. That's why the Alpha system worked based on performance only.

"Well, that's if the Charm even works in the first place." Mix barged in. "Didn't Elijah say that in months of wearing it, he didn't feel a thing?"

"That's true as well, Eos wore it for more than a decade and didn't build a connection with it. I'm not sure how to do it either, because my connection with it was forced by my mother." He explained.

"Forced?" I asked, an idea surging in my head. "I think I know how to do that."

I then explained the magical-ghost-hands or whatever I had when I controlled the staff on the island.

"Maybe if I try it with the Charm, I might be able to connect it with Mix," I suggested. "I hope they're nice."

"I am," Mix said.

"Not you, the Charm." I corrected.

"Well, I'm not stopping you from trying, but I didn't like the experience." Vincent took a few steps back.

Mix let the Luminous Charm roll into my hands, the tingle of magic flowing through my skin, a sensation I had grown accustomed to, reminded me of the first time I had encountered the white marble, under my dorm bed. I took a deep breath.

"Soul Dominance."

The little weight of the marble left my hand as I felt the world around me reshape itself into a castle made of white marble similar to the obsidian one Nyx had in her mind. I was about to speak with the eldest known Soul of the Luminous Cast yet I felt safer here than in Nyx's mind.