PART II - SIGMA | CHAPTER 1: A NEW WORLD

As soon as the picture was taken, I left the stage to meet my bodyguards, all humans, of course, but the additional white wolf following them was the one standing out the most. He had an almost proud look on his face, even if he had no idea of what was happening, and I appreciated him for doing that for me. I smiled to Elijah, my brother, as he returned it, and stood by his side, looking into the next ones at the graduation ceremony.

It was very unusual for me to graduate while completing only six grades, usually there were ten, but I picked up on some extra courses and timetables and managed to finish law school two years earlier than I was supposed to. Of course, my title of Ambassador did help me a bit, since I had to focus on International Law rather than the others, so they made it a tad easier for me to finish it off.

"Sorry to make you come all the way over here for this," I said to Elijah. "But the humans said I could bring someone, and since you're starting out as a Beta now, I wanted to give you your first overseas experience."

"It's okay, the trip has been fun, but I wonder why they let you bring someone, a Beta, out of all people." He responded.

"They want to show that we have a great relationship, so it's more about looks than anything else."

"Better than nothing!" He smiled.

After spending some real time with the guys, by that I mean the Betas and Vincent, they started showing off a little more of their personality to me, it was weird to get accustomed at first, but it was good that they dropped the 'be nice to humans' act. Well, Brase never did change, but he's being nicer, so it counts, I guess. I was eager to come back to the Archipelagos and finish my first-year classes. Since there were two massive incidents at the Archipelagos, classes were stopped for everyone, and as they were resumed, everyone had such a bad performance they started the first year anew, luckily, nothing happened this time, and classes went on as usual. Even if this was my second year at the Beast Isles, I was only finishing my first year, which is ironic considering the graduation ceremony I was in right then.

"Also, isn't he coming?" Elijah asked with a nervous tone.

It was a disappointment to me too. Dad wasn't here. Of course, he didn't expect me to finish Uni so early, but still, it was my graduation, he should have been there. I sighed loudly and raised my shoulders, letting me know I didn't know the answer. The stinging in my heart resumed a little bit, as I held back the memories.

As the ceremony ended, we were escorted back to the hotel. This time Elijah was the one who had to be covered, and I felt bad for him, my home city was nothing but hot, and that, on top of fur and a black cloak can't be comfortable at all, though, as soon as we entered the room, he took everything off.

"Sorry you couldn't see anything because of the tinted glass, but now you know how it is to be me." I joked.

Elijah continued, taking his shirt off, staying only with his shorts on. I turned around, flustered.

"You know..." he said, panting from the heat. "For an asexual person, you really get embarrassed by these things."

"Just because I don't like it doesn't mean I don't find it uncomfortable," I responded. "We've been siblings for like, less than two years, don't spoil it."

I could hear him shrugging and walking out to look at the view across the window. The coastal sea was beautiful this time of the year, and I knew he was eager to take a swim, but neither I nor him could leave the bodyguard's sight.

"You sure you can't make an illusion?" He asked.

"There isn't any background magic energy in the Continents, I tried doing that the moment we got here. And if we use the Charm, we'd have to use it either to make you look human or to keep the clones here in the room so they won't find out. And if you get far from the Charm, you'd become tired and shit, still don't know why that happens." I said, pulling out my Magic Theory notebook.