PART I - ALPHA | FINAL CHAPTER: THE BEST PRESENT OF ALL

It was Christmas time. I knew they didn't celebrate Christmas in the Archipelagos, but the Christians stole it from pagans anyway so it didn't really matter. It was a few months since the Dream saga had ended, but everyone was still sore from it. I spent entire weeks figuring out a way to remove the Ypnos ritual from everyone's bodies, and it did end up having to be torn out of them. I still had my scar, but it was being healed every day, so it should be unnoticeable in the future.

But Nyx using scars to mark people really didn't make the others happy. Every furry Bestia now had a permanent patch of bald skin, and to be honest, it was funny, but I kept that to myself. As soon as I convinced her to give up on her vengeance plan, everyone woke up, but it took me and Vincent a few hours before we left Ash's mind. They all asked me what the hell I was doing in there and how we met Nyx, and I did want to explain that if two or more people use the Exousía in the same body they have to fight for control, but I was too tired at the time and Mina banned them from visiting me.

After I left the infirmary, I had a long talk with Elijah and Lumina about everything. They didn't know how to get that information, but Lumina said that she always knew Theia's other family would find their way back. It seemed she also didn't know that much about it.

But someone that did know was my father. As soon as I had a chance to be alone, I confronted him, saying I knew everything, and almost yelled at him for keeping that from me. He did apologize and said he did try to tell me, but the spell my mom had put on me completely stopped me from acknowledging it. He decided that it was better for me to come to the Archipelagos and figure that out by myself, and I must say, it did work.

We agreed that he would talk to the others since he hasn't seen his children in twelve years. They didn't want to talk to him just yet, they first had to let that information sink before actually having to deal with it, and my dad completely understood.

Aside from that, nothing important really happened. Everyone started liking me more after I solved the mystery, but I was still a "human" or looked like one. My genetics were also something I wanted to discuss, but there was no one here that understood that but myself, so that had to be self-studied.

I managed to become friends with like, three Betas and they did protect me everywhere I went. Ash was still new at being a Beta, but Nyx ensured she wanted to work out her problems with the other Casts and gave the Umbral Charm to her son, so she could prove she was trying to change.

It was weird, aside from some issues, everything had ended okay. It was very weird, but I didn't want any more trouble, so I was settling for that.

I knocked on Vincent's door, after having that entire conversation with myself, and he instantly let me in. Elijah was already in the room, and I had to ask Vincent to let Ash out from the festivities, we had to begin to learn how to be a family, so we needed more time to get to know ourselves. The future family was something for the future.

He closed the door behind him and sat down on the carpet right after me.

"If we get caught, we'll get detention, you know?" Elijah said.

"Pff, since when do you worry about that?" Vincent replied.

I snorted and put the box I was carrying with me next to where I was sitting. I told them the basics of Christmas and they decided to give me things as well, even if they had absolutely no idea what I wanted, I supposed.

"When do we give the presents?" Vincent asked.

"At midnight, it's still a couple minutes away, so we have plenty of time to talk," I said. "First of all, I wanted to tell you guys something."

They came closer to listen.

"You know how Elijah is a he, even if he was born as she, right?" They nodded. "I'm not a he. Haven't been for a long time. It's called being Transgender."