~8~

You look down at the two pieces of leather in your hands. The front is half stitched together and you sigh as you grab the needle and continue stitching.
You decided to make a plague masks.
You find them cool and Shawn has the perfect material to make one.

"How's it going?" Shawn asks as he sits down next to you with a clown mask in his hands.

You shrug as you look down at the fabric. It's not coming together the way you wanted it to.

"I feel like I'm doing it wrong," you sigh. The mask doesn't look anywhere near what you were hoping.

Shawn looks down at the fabric and studies it. You watch him curiously.
He sets his makes down and then stands up. You watch as he walks over to an organizer with pens and markers in it. He grabs out a white sharpie and walks back over to you with it.

"Can I see it?" Shawn asks.

You nod and hand him your project. Shawn looks it over and begins to start marking it with dashed lines here and there. He stands up and grabs an extra piece of leather. He starts marking it as well.
You watch him with a confused look on your face.

"Stitch on the white lines," Shawn says as he places the extra piece of fabric on the other ones.

You nod and place the needle back down onto the fabric, following the dashed lines.

"There you go," Shawn smiles as he watches you.

You grin and continue stitching. You guess Shawn isn't that bad a guy, everyday you find yourself liking him more and more. He's kind of nice. He's just a little weird every once and a while.

Shawn stands up and you look up at him.

"I'm going to make lunch. Do
you want anything in particular?" He asks me as he scratches his beard.

"Noodles," You shrug.

"Sounds good. I'll make ramen," Shawn says as he walks to the door and then walks out into the hallway of the basement.

You continue sewing in an uncomfortable silence. You're not used to being alone and you don't like it. Even when your boyfriend was at work you would still go out and busy yourself that way you wouldn't get too lonely.
You set your project down and stand up. Your eyes scan the room as you look for something interesting.
Shawn has a ton of mannequins in the room. Their heads are covered in either finished or half finished masks. You notice that almost all of them resemble some sort of clown. You wonder why Shawn is so fascinated by clowns. Even his room is filled with clown masks or art work.

Suddenly, your eyes land on a closet in the corner and you bite your bottom lip as you stare at it.
You look around you before deciding to walk closer to the closet.
You get closer and closer until you're stand right in front of the door. Your hand reaches out to grab the handle. You slowly turn it and pull the door open.

The room is dark and it's hard to see what's inside.
You run your hands along the walls, searching for a light switch. You feel a little knob so you flick it upwards and the lights turn on.

You peer around the large closet and frown when you realize it's just more fabric.
You decide to step inside and admire Shawn's organization. Each roll of fabric is in a specific place and they all seem to go in order by color.
You walk around the small closet looking at the different types of material.

In the corner of the room is a small bucket. You walk over to it and peer inside. There's ribbon and lace inside it and different color thread.

You shrug as you turn off the lights and close the door to the closet.

You where hoping it would be something more interesting like a garage or something creepy.

You look back down at your project and sigh. You're bored of it already.
You decide to walk out of the room and join Shawn in the kitchen. Maybe you can help him make lunch?
You shiver as you look over at the door to the glass room. You shake your head as you walk past it, you hope Shawn never forces you to be in there again.

You make your way up the stairs, pushing the door to the basement open.

As soon as you walk onto the main floor your nostrils are instantly filled with the smell of broth and spices.
You can hear sizzling in the kitchen and you feel your mouth water.

"Can I help?" You ask Shawn as you lean against the wall.

He looks over at you and chuckles.

"Bored already?" He smirks.

You grin softly.

"Can you chop those vegetables?" Shawn asks as he points over to the bags of vegetables that he has out on the counter.

You nod and walk over to them. You grab the vegetables and wash them off in the big sink.
Once they are clean you grab out a cutting board and set them down on it.

"Here," Shawn says as he opens a drawer and pulls a chef's knife out.

He carefully sets it down on the cutting board and you thank him as you pick it up.
You begin dicing green onions into small circular strips.

"Are these small enough?" You ask Shawn as you set the knife down.

"Those look perfect. Add them in," Shawn tells you.

You use the back of the knife to push the vegetables off the cutting board and into the soup.

"Hand me that spoon please," Shawn says as he points to a wooden spoon.

You grab it, pulling it out of it's holder and hand it to him.

He gives the soup a stir and you smile as he pours it into a bowl over noodles.