~5~

(Shawn's point of view)

I look over at (Y/N) as she sits in front of the fire place with a book in her hands. She hasn't said a word to me since breakfast.

I finish cleaning the kitchen and I bend down to pull up my socks.

With a broom in my hand, I walk out into the living room where (Y/N) sits.
I open the closet door and put the bloom inside, dusting off my hands.

I quickly rush to the bathroom and turn on the facet. I pump some soap into my hands and scrub them clean.
Cleanliness is very important.

After drying my hands I turn off the light and walk back out into the living room.

I smirk quietly to myself as I decide to take a seat in a chair right behind (Y/N).
I brush one of my hands through my hair as I stare at her.

Her eyes scan over the pages and her hand reaches out to turn them.

I smile at her as she concentrates. She's a beautiful woman. Her hair shimmers slightly and her eyes almost sparkle in the light.
She pulls her bottom lip between her teeth when she's nervous or concentrating.
She's extremely entertaining to watch.

"Are you going to keep staring at me?" (Y/N) groans as she looks over at me.

I smile darkly at her and I see her shrink back a little.

"Yup," I chuckle.

She rolls her eyes and stands up.

"Where are you going?" I question as she begins to walk away.

"Somewhere where I can have some privacy," she says as she keeps walking.

"Oh I see. Have a fun time then," I smirk.

She puts her hand over her mouth and I can tell her face turned red.

"Not like that! Nasty!" She panics as she turns to look at me.

I burst into laughter.

"What else would you need privacy for?" I smirk as I prop my feet up on the chair and get comfortable.

"For reading," she groans as she waves the book around.

"You don't need privacy for that. Unless you're reading something dirty," I tease as I wiggle my eyebrows at her.

Her face turns a darker shade of red.

"I'm not reading that kind of stuff," she whispers under her breath.

I chuckle and turn on the tv.

I flip through the channels looking for something.
When I finally land on Grey's Anatomy I turn up the volume and get comfortable.

Suddenly I feel the couch dip and I look over and see (Y/N). Her face is still red and she hides between her knees as she peaks up at the tv.

"You know I'm just teasing you," I smile as I observe her nervous demeanor.

"I know," she mutters as she looks at the tv, refusing eye contact with me.

I shrug and stand up, walking over to my bar.
I open a bottle of whiskey and pour a small portion into a glass.

"Do you want any?" I ask her as I shake the bottle.

She nods and I smile as I pour her a glass.

I walk back over to her and hand her the glass.
She reaches for it and pulls it into her small hands.

"Thanks," she says as she brings the glass to her lips and takes a sip leaving black lipstick on the rim.

I sit back down and take a sip of my drink, allowing the bitter taste to wash down my throat and ignite heat with in me.

I set the glass down and decide to turn the lights off, it would make this show a lot more dramatic.

The room is pitch black, the only light is coming from the tv. I smile satisfyingly as I get comfortable.

I look over at (Y/N) and notice she no longer has her knees to her chest. She sits comfortably on the couch with her glass of whiskey in her lap. Her eyes are glued to the tv and I can tell she's intrigued.
I smile as I look at her, she's so adorable.

My attention turns back to the tv and I reach for my glass, taking a sip.

I start to forget that there's another person in the room until I feel someone lay against my chest.

I look down and see (Y/N) getting comfortable against me.
I raise my eyebrows at her as I hesitantly put my arms around her.

"Are you sure you want me touching you?" I ask her.

She nods as she yawns and snuggles in closer.

I smiles and stroke her hair as she stares at the tv.
I'm very surprised by her sudden actions but I'm also intrigued.

"I missed hugs," she sighs as she looks up at me.

"I'm sure you have. How are you doing?" I ask her.

"I've been better," she sighs as she puts her head back down.

"It's going to be okay. I'll keep you safe, I promise," I assure her as I rub her back.

"Thank you," she whispers as she softly puts her arms around me.

I smile, enjoying her warmth.

The room goes silent, the only sound comes from the tv.

"Is it bad that I miss him but I hate him at the same time?" (Y/N) questions as she looks up.

She bites her bottom lip nervously and I can feel the sadness radiating off of her.

"You're allowed to feel those things. He is your boyfriend after all and I'm sure you love him or loved him at one point. You're allowed to hate him too because he hurt you," I sigh as I wipe a random tear from her face.

"Am I allowed to be scared?" (Y/N) asks as she shakes slightly.

I rub her back soothingly.

"Of course," I tell her as I kiss her forehead.

She sighs and cuddles into me.

I smooth her hair slowly and shhh her as she whimpers lightly.

"It's going to be okay," I assure her.

She takes a couple deep breaths, nodding against me.

I feel her body relax and I smile slightly.

"Shawn," she whispers.

I hmm and look down at her.

"Is he going to kill me?" She questions.

I shake my head.

"I won't let him," I tell her as I brush her hair out of her face.

She smiles.

"Thank you," she grins shyly as she looks at me.