xix. Hero Internships

Since the tournament, Rei needed to wear a cast for at least two weeks. It would've been more than okay with the girl if she wasn't supposed to have a hero internship. Yeah, it was basically required, even for her.

How did she end up going with Todoroki? Well, she just did. Some daft yee-brained Pokémon convinced her that she was already a professional ninja, and that she didn't need any help for that stuff.

"Make sure you mind your manners with the other heroes during your internships," Aizawa reminded them. Yeah, it should be common sense, but they were children. "Now get to it."

"Yes, sir!"

Todoroki looked to the smartest guy in the class who walked away by himself, seeming very different than usual. His brother was all over the news, being attacked by a villain who had a record of killing people and injuring people beyond recovery.

"What's wrong, Halfy?"

"Please, just call me Shoto," the boy sighed heavily. He was used to the name calling from her brother, but he didn't like it from her. Not since they've been getting along lately.

"Alright, Shoto, but what's the matter?"

"I'm concerned about Iida. He's been acting out of character since the incident."

"Oh, yeah," the girl felt stupid. Her brain has been acting a little weird since she's required to see Recovery Girl frequently. Due to her sleepiness from her care, she'd been zoned out while the news covered that awful story.

"Let's go, then. The old man is more of an ass if his time is wasted."

Rei was about to respond a simple 'okay' but she was tugged aside by one of her friends.

"Hey, Denki!"

"Hey, I wanted to ask you something. I don't know if the timing is right but I think I like you more than as a friend."

"Uh... Denki?"

"Y-Yes?"

"I don't—"

"It's fine if you don't like me back. I just wanted to tell you. I just don't like having to keep it to myself and stuff."

"Denki, don't you remember the second day of school, after class, when I came back with a keychain? You know, the one I have on the backpack I bring to school everyday?"

The boy with blond and a lightning streak of black hair tilted his head in confusion.

"What about it?"

The girl facepalmed, and her other friend that was waiting for her was a bit confused. He's never noticed a keychain on her backpack since he's more focused on class.

"Dude. It's a lesbian flag. I like girls, not guys."

The boy with three super electric brain cells went red in the face, embarrassed as he realized what some of his other friends meant earlier that day. He'd told Kyoka, Momo, and Kiri that he wanted to confess his small crush to the oldest girl in the class, to which they responded with 'don't be a dumbass,' 'I wouldn't recommend asking her out,' and 'manly courage but maybe don't do that.'

"Oh... ohhhh... okay," he chuckled nervously. It was a good thing it wasn't a big crush. "I didn't know what that keychain was about. Well, in that case, can I tell you something I haven't told anyone yet?"

"Yeah, of course."

"I think I like girls and boys," he scratched his head, a little confused. He was not sure what the term for that was, but he knew he heard it once before. If he heard it again, he would recognize it right away.

"Oh, you're bisexual?"

"Bisexual! Yes, that word," the boy grinned as he looked like he solved the solution for putting an end to climate change or something.

"I'm glad I could be the first person you told. If you ever need someone to talk to or something, you can always ask me— whether in person or on the phone. I'll see you later, Denki!"

"I will. Bye, Rei!"

Todoroki was so confused as to what just happened, but quickly recovered as his friend reminded him they shouldn't keep 'the old man' waiting for long.

When they finally arrived at the address for the agency, they got a lot of stares. Whether it was because their boss' son made an appearance or because the girl he brought with him had casts on her leg and arm, they didn't know. Maybe it was for both reasons.

The only thing they knew for sure was that this was going to be quite the internship.