One's amplitude

In the vast land where only trees surround us, we arrived in the middle of that open space clearing, the bright moon, serving as the only bright light. The cold air crashes on my skin, which sends shivers all over my body. It's not even winter and yet, the wind is extremely cold.

"This is it," Haruto said.

Haruto was the one who introduced this place. Apparently, this is a part of the school property that is reserved for students to train themselves.

"H-Hey, are you sure this is allowed?" Takahashi asked worriedly.

"Don't worry, don't worry! this is part of the school property!" He lets out a reassuring laugh.

"Anyway, why don't we start by showing off our amplitudes?"

"I'll go first then!" Ayane said in her eager tone.

With Haruto agreeing, She walked in the front and took a deep breath. Her face changed to a serious one almost immediately before she summoned a staff, a staff with a thin base and flowered-shaped iron at the end.

She held it tightly with both of her hands, then raised it high to the air, adjusting her grip, and then, she chanted loudly,

"Arise from the ground, and devour the land!" Not long after, several rose vines emerged from the ground, then slowly and gradually swirled around her, forming what seemed like a rising vortex made of vines.

Then, the swirling vines swiftly spread all around, slithering like snakes on the loose. She turned the direction of her staff to the right, which the vines followed after. It seems like the vines follow the movement of her staff. If she moved her staff to the side, the vines would follow.

"Rest." Closing in on her presentation, she whispered, as all the vines melted into thin air. "How's that?!" She exclaimed, looking proud at what she had done.

"That was great!" Haruto complimented warmly, accompanied by everyone's applause.

"Oh my, I guess I'll go next." Akamine then stepped up front as Ayane walked back to her place. From what I remember, she uses Ice.

Before starting, she entered a particular stance, a stance where she stood up, with one of her hands extended in front, her palms open and facing upwards, before closing her eyes and slowly floating in the air.

Right off the bat, floating magic, a magic ability that requires a focus. This is done by altering your energy towards your feet, which allows for a levitation.

Once high up, she summoned a white, black book. The pages of the book turned and turned as she continuously waved her hand, seemingly looking for the right page. Stopping after what seemed like a few seconds, she opened her eyes.

As she did, a huge, whitish-silver magical circle appeared on top of her. Not chanting a single word, she swung her extended hand downward, causing numerous spiked ice crystals to slowly come out of the magical circle.

Lastly, she snapped her fingers, and as she did, the magic circle began rapidly raining spiked ice crystals. A small area of its impact caused the grass around to freeze.

No wonder she's in class A. To reach a level where you only need hand gestures to use a magic ability simply means that you've honed your magic to its highest potential. Her energy control is top-notch.

For her closing, she snapped her fingers again, causing the magical circle to disappear into thin air, as she slowly descended down.

"W-Wow,"

Everyone has their mouth wide open in amusement, but Fujimoto is, as usual, her serious eyes don't seem astonished.

"You're so good, Airi!" complimented Takahashi with gleaming, amazed eyes.