Part 31: Green with envy

Charon braced as Agatha leaped around her.

It was frustrating not being able to see where her opponent was. She moved at a blinding speed.

After all, Agatha's opponents never saw her. They just heard her cackle before they died.

Agatha zipped out of sight once more.

"Gotcha!" Agatha screeched as she came up behind Charon and swung a heavy wooden stick at her.

Charon poofed into thin air just as the stick made contact.

Agatha looked lost. "Where are you!?" She shrieked. "Show that pretty face of yours!" She took a few steps back, and Charon emerged from the shadows.

"So you've still got it ny little shadow crawler." Ren chuckled and shook his head.

He always found it funny that nobody could understand Charon's ability to disappear and reappear.

Charon sliced across Agatha's back, causing the woman to scream out in pain. Her voice was disgusting as her face.

"You'll pay you little -"

"I don't want to touch you!" Charon slashed a few more times, slicing open Agatha's arms and chest.

Agatha growled and gripped her stick.

"Just die already!" Charon lifted her arm to deal the final blow.

Agatha jabbed the stick right into Charon's shoulder. The overlord possessed super speed, which was very odd, considering she wasn't very mobile.

She battered Charon with the stick over and over.

"Ren you dick!" Charon yelled out as she protected her face.

A multitude of bruises formed across her pale skin.

Charon looked for an escape. She poofed into the shadows once more. She could only travel between shadows.

Agatha realized what she was doing now.

She stepped on a line of darkness, and another, and another.

"Come on out! You can't hide forever!"

Charon was toying with her. She went around a few times before emerging.

"Good riddance!" Charon speared Agatha with her hands.

The wound caused Agatha to shriek again and call out the help.

The servants from within her manor emerged, trying to help their master.

"Not so fast!" Ren stopped them from attacking by putting up a wall of flames, but by doing this, he'd taken away Charon's trump card.

"Fuck you Ren!" Charon panicked for a moment, realizing she had to take Agatha head on.

"Sorry love!"

Agatha took out a big knife and stabbed Charon's arm.

Charon cried out in pain.

"Hold still!" Agatha took out another knife and tried to carve into the side of Charon's face.

Charon grunted in exertion, fighting the hunchbacked woman backward.

"Do it Charon!"

"No! It's so ugly!"

"So is losing your face!"

"Urgh! I hate you sometimes!"

Charon opened her mouth so wide the stitches tore.

Then she screamed. The scream shattered Agatha's eardrums and cracked glass of the nearby windows.