Chapter 8

_Dan_

Phil had someone new this weekend. He was bigger and tougher and definitely very sexy. Phil looked amazing as well. His hair was perfectly straight (unlike his sexuality) and he was wearing a washed sweater and tight skinny jeans.

"I'm going out. Bye!" he said it in an excited, girly voice and then left with the guys hand around his waist. I pulled on my coat and shoes and told Chris that we needed to go. I wanted to follow them. I wanted to watch Phil, because even if he wasn't mine yet, he still looked hot.

I followed them to a nice house party and texted Chris the address. I smoked a bit out of my stash, letting myself become lowkey high, then I went inside, Chris joining me soon after. It was only people from our school, thank god. I wanted to be left alone, and they would know to do just that.

I spotted Phil back with the guy and with what looked like the guys friends. Something about the guy Phil was with was unsettling, but maybe it was just me being jealous.

The party was uneventful and I'd done everything you could've done on your own. Once Phil left upstairs with that guy I had no one to look at so I felt like bailing. So did Chris. I sat in my car and sighed, rubbing my eyes. I wasn't drunk, I only had one cup, but I was probably a bit more than lowkey high, which I'm going to regret tomorrow, because I'll crash and burn.

I drove home and turned on my music before going back to playing video games, but not before violently eating the last of the muffins in our fridge.

My phone rang at around eleven and I groaned. It was unknown and I furrowed my eyebrows at the unfamiliar number. I answered anyways, spitting out a very grumpy, "Hello?"

"D-Dan, it's me, Phil. Can you come get me from that house? He bailed on me and I don't want my guards to bring me, they'll tell my father." Something about his voice made the situation more serious than the guy just bailing on him, but I ignored it. Phil sounded like he was crying and I was definitely going to go save him.

I ran downstairs and slipped out of the house, only in a white tee, faded black sweatpants, and a black hoodie. My hair was curly and I looked horrible, but Phil was the only thing on my mind.

I spotted Phil a bit up the street to the house. I got out and went to go help him, wrapping the extra jacket I keep in my car around his shoulders. "You okay?" I asked softly. I wouldn't force him to go into detail about what happened, even though my curiosity made it almost impossible to shut my mouth, but in the end I won and didn't force him to speak any more than he wanted to.

"I'm honestly fine. I'm only crying because I'm super sensitive and my head likes to think of the ultimate worse things so I freaked out. Sorry I made you come get me." He downcast his eyes, playing with his shoelace.

I bent down in front of him and tilted his head so he could meet my eyes. "Don't be sorry. You didn't know what to do and that asshole left you. You did nothing wrong, okay?" He was so close, I could kiss him. I should kiss him. Could I, should I? It was my chance, well, sort of, but I didn't take it. He was hurt and cold and just wanted to get home, and he didn't need a kiss on his mind, too.

I took him home and brought him to his bedroom. He smelt like alcohol and sex, and he knew it, so he didn't let me get too close. He took a shower and I waited on his bed. He came out, a towel wrapped around himself like a girl would. So he was very self-conscious, which was ironic, since he liked to sleep around so much.

"Can you look away?" I nodded, putting my hand to my face and pretending to, but really, when he turned away, I peeked through my fingers. God, he was perfect. Phil changed into a big t-shirt and sweatpants and then walked back to the bed. "Thank you, Dan."

"You're welcome." I smiled at him.

He yawned and shut his eyes for a few seconds. "I'm going to go to sleep. Thanks again." He reached over and kissed me on the cheek, and all I could do in my moment of shock was nod and leave. I shut the lights off and closed the door, sighing to myself.