Chapter 2

We all head to science and as we get there it's loud. "Oh you must be Y/N, you will be sitting next to Clay in these classes. Please take your seat." Our professor was really nice. I simply nod and follow behind Niki as she showed me to where Clay sits. Soon after Clay walks in and sees me in the seat next to his. His head drops in his shoulders and walks over to his seat. I can tell he's really shy so i don't say much. "Y/N... i- i- i'm c- clay." he was definitely nervous as he was stuttering with his words. "It's nice to meet you, you seem nervous. Are you okay?" i ask politely, not trying to make him uncomfortable. "Ye- yeah, i'm just shy. Yanno?" He stutters again but i understand what he means, i would be the same if Niki wasn't here. "Yeah, i understand." After 2hours of being in science we move to our next class. We all have english so we head there.

In this class I sit with Niki and Will. It's nice to get to know Will, he's a really nice man for Niki and very talented. "So you write your own music?" I ask, he smiles at me and shows me some of his songs. "Wow, you wrote and done all these songs?" "Yeah, Niki helped me with a few. I'm working on one at the moment." He replies and Niki just smiles at him, she doesn't realise she is staring until he looks down and places a gentle kiss on her forehead. It's nearly time for break so we started to talk about what to do after maths. "We could see if we can go round the boys house like we usually do, we will have to be home for dinner though because Tommy and Toby are 17 and need sleep for exams tomorrow." Niki stated, i was confused at first but remembered her telling me that she, Will, Tommy and Toby live together in one house and Clay, George and Nick in another. It's funny to think of Niki as a mum role but I can see it. "Oh yeah, at lunch we can ask and Y/N can get to know everyone properly." Will said to Niki while looking over and smiling at me. "Yes, oh my god, yes that's a perfect plan." Niki and Will agree on plans while I sit confused at what just happened.

Class had ended so we all met up in the cafeteria and I followed them as they went to their normal spot. It's really nice, it's a picnic bench under a tree with flowers. The tree had everyones name on, they all soon looked at me and Tommy pulled out a pair of scissors and handed them to me pointing at the tree. "Carve your name under everyone else's, your part of our group so we want it to be known." Tommy says as he hands me the scissors and I carve at the tree. I finished and I turned around to see everyone smiling, apart from Clay, he seemed... bothered or maybe distracted. I give Niki a look of concern and tilt my head towards Clay. She immediately noticed and looked to see him. She turns to me and gives me a look of 'don't worry, i'll talk to him'. It steadies me to know I'm welcomed and that Niki has amazing friends. "So, what do you guys wanna do later?" Nick asks the group, I look straight towards Will for him to ask and he nods and does so. "We were thinking if we could go round yours and hang like normal except this time we can get to know Y/N and she can get to know us," there's a pause for a second. "That's obvious if you want us round." It was quiet for a second then someone speaks. "That would be a great idea!" George said walking over from grabbing a drink from a vending machine. Niki pulls Clay aside to talk. After around 10minutes they come back before we all have to head to class. 

It's maths now and I sit with Niki and Clay. It's nice. Clay speaks more and more, and it feels like he's getting more comfortable. Before I know it, it's halfway through the lesson and me and Clay have just been talking. I found out that he streams and that he has a cat called Patches, he shows me a picture and oh my she is cute. "Do you have any pets Y/N?" Clay asks as he puts his phone away. "Sadly no, well i did but he is in LA with my dad." I sigh at the thought of leaving him behind. "Oh I'm sorry, i- I didn't know." Clay's breath was shaking as he felt guilty for bringing it up. "Hey, no it's fine, you didn't know and that's fine." I say reassuring him. It's the end of the lesson and we all walk to the boys house.