Through the Zombified City

The three landed on the concrete and turned on their flashlights, thankfully, all they saw were rats, what alarmed everyone was the snarls coming from the zombies that could be heard from above.

"We should hurry", Helena stated as she began to move forward.

"What's the matter, not a fan of sewers", Leon teased, making Helena stop in her tracks.

"Come on, let's just get to the cathedral, and then I'll tell you everything", Helena said, Leon seemed to space out for a bit before snapping back into reality.

"It's gonna be a tough road", Leon stated as Helena nodded her head in agreement and the three began moving forward; although everyone's guard was up, it wasn't long till the three left the sewers and walked into a subway tunnel, to Kyra, the tunnel changed, it was broken, and most areas collapsed.

"You're not there, you know",

Kyra turned around, quickly pulling out her handgun as a familiar face stood there, her doppelganger, her hands raised as she walked towards her.

"Relax, she's gone... unlike her, I'm not here to kill",

"But... how are you here", Kyra asked, a mixture of shock and confusion in her tone.

"Technically, I never left... like most conscious', they never leave... I am merely here to help, all I ask... don't fall into darkness again",

"Don't plan to, but why are you here", Kyra asked, a small hint of annoyance in her tone.

"Your mind... while the hallucinations don't affect you anymore, your minds at war... especially with what happened back there",

Kyra's head turned away, the President's dead body popping back into her mind.

"It's not your fault, neither yours or Leon's, remember that",

"Even though it's not our fault, why's the guilt still there", Kyra muttered as the doppelganger put her hands on her shoulders.

"While you did what you had to do, you're also thinking that there was another way... a way to save him... this virus is strong, but you and Leon dealt with tougher",

Kyra let out a small sigh as the doppelganger took a few steps back.

"Take my words into heart, none of this was neither of your faults... things might get tougher, but we know you'll fight back",

"...Thanks", Kyra mumbled as the doppelganger disappeared.

"Kyra", Leon called out as she quickly turned around, Leon and Helena running towards her, "thought we lost you there for a second, you alright",

"Yeah, sorry, lost in thought", Kyra said as the three moved through the tunnel only for zombies to pop out of the darkness, forcing them to shoot as they ran, not long after, light appeared in the tunnel followed by a train horn.

"Train", Helena shouted as they quickly pressed themselves up against the wall as the train flew passed them, killing any zombie in its way; moving once again, more zombies came crawling out of the vents as zombified dogs followed, the train was still on the move which forced them to press up against the wall again, not long after, the three finally arrived at the station; nearing the exit of the subway, metal shutters were down a horde of zombies pounding on it.

"Not going that way", Kyra muttered, as a woman appeared in a subway train, her hands hitting the doors, gaining their attention.

"Hey, hey, I need you to open this door, hurry", the woman pleaded, "I have to save Peter, please",