A Normal Life

As dawn rolled in, the morning light entering the room causing Leon to wake up, with a groan, he rubbed his eyes and yet out a yawn before taking in the sight before him; Kyra lied asleep across from him, in between them, their son, Luke; he had Kyra's hair and Leon's eyes, one of his and Kyra's arms were over the boy, almost holding him close... he then recalled last night's events...

(Last Night, Dream)

"KYRA", Leon shouted, running down a maze-like corridor; he was back in Union, in the catacomb-like dungeon.

"Leon, over here", Kyra called out, both running in the direction of their voices until he came into what appeared to be a sewage pit, blood and guts were scattered around; from the other side, Kyra came into view.

"Kyra", Leon called out, panic in her eyes.

"Leon, behind you", Kyra called out as his reflexes kicked in, quickly rolling to the side as a shadowy figure landed right where he was before disappearing; hearing a scream he quickly turned his head only to see a creature, one he'd seen after the encounter with Kyra's darkness, it was face-to-face with Kyra until she fell, dead.

"KYRA", Leon shouted as the creature creepily called out his name before charging towards him.

(Dream Over)

Leon shot awake with a gasp, breathing heavily, he then let out a sigh as he rubbed his eyes.

"Leon", Kyra called out as his head snapped towards her voice, only to be blinded by the bedside lamp; although she was tired, her face held concern, "Leon, are you alright",

"Yeah... just a nightmare, sorry to wake you up", Leon stated, rubbing his eyes with his hand once again.

"You wanna talk about it", Kyra asked, wrapping her arms around him.

"...It's about Union... been awhile since all that happened", Leon muttered.

"I know, but it's all in the past... we no longer have to worry about them ever again", Kyra reassured.

"Does that worry you though", Leon asked, "it's still there, still standing, waiting for someone to find it",

"Kidman's keeping an eye on it, she sees any movement or someone in there, she'll raise the alarm", Kyra stated, "she'll stop it before anyone gets a chance, and with their network, even we hold a huge secret work would want",

"How is it that you can move past all this", Leon asked.

"I didn't", Kyra explained, "the first time I escaped that machine, I became a shell of my former self, waking up in the middle of the night screaming... even the neighbors complained until they saw and heard what I was going through; I basically kept running from my problems, hoping to get away but they gave chase",

"But you don't have to run anymore", Leon reassured, "while our situation isn't the best, we're in this together, alright",

"Yeah", Kyra said with a smile as he wrapped his arms around her; the silence was then interrupted by small stomps growing louder and louder until the bedroom door opened, a boy's head popping in.

"Mom, dad", Luke called out.

"Nightmare", Leon asked as he nodded his head.

"Climb on in", Kyra said, holding her arms out as he ran into the room, climbed up onto the bed and in between them as they lied back down and turned out the light.

(Present Day)

A smile appeared on his face before he rolled around and looked at the clock on the bedside table, it was six in the morning, he let out an inaudible sigh before he got up, pulling the blankets over the two before walking out of the room and downstairs towards the kitchen; his gaze hitting the calendar, something written on today's date...