chapter 6 || stars

after karl abruptly ended the call, i found myself sitting in shock. i would go stay with him? and he would fly me over even though it was just the other side of the state? it was all just insane.

i decided to check the single remaining text on my phone which happened to be from alex.

quack-titty 🔫

hey mamacita, babygirl, sugar, pumpkin pie call me back when you get the chance ur so seggsy im in love with you

what is this man on today. regardless of his form of communication, i found it within my interest to call him back. it was never a dull moment when i spoke to him, and i needed to do something other than just sit around today anyways.

i clicked the call button and almost instantly he picked up.

"chat chat look," i heard him giggling. ah, of course he's streaming. this call will be interesting. "my lover called me back," he teased.

"what do you want alex," i sighed as i walked over to my desk.

"well that's no way to greet the love of your life," he responded in an ironically dry manner.

i settled into my chair. "alex what do you need before i hang up." i scooted around in my seat, not finding a comfortable position.

"i'm about to end stream. i wanted you to get on earlier but you would not respond," he started, "chat did you hear that, she wouldn't respond to me," he said louder while obnoxiously fake crying.

"call me back after you end stream," i huffed, upset i was unable to get settled properly into my chair.

"no, no my viewers love you, you get me so much clout please stay crown," he begged in a stupid voice. i rolled my eyes to myself.

"CLOUT-CHASER!" i shouted before quickly hanging up. i decided i would carry on with the bit.

Twitter

crown @crownLIVE
___________________
guys quackity is using me for clout lol what a loser lets get #cloutchaser trending LMAO

Tommyinnit @tommyinnit
this is weird why are you so weird #cloutchaser
|
|
crown @crownLIVE
lmao but you still used the hashtag pog

Quackity @quackityhq
i would never use you for clout i am in love with you
|
|
Schlatt @jschlatt
kiss me rn #cloutchaser

Jack Manifold @JackManifoldTV
wow FAKE #cloutchaser

about 5 minutes after i tweeted, alex called me back. i promptly answered his call.

a simple "hey" was all he said.

"heyo, what's going on?" i responded cheerfully.

"nothing much. i was hoping to get to stream with you today but YOU WOULDN'T ANSWER," he said with a quick tone change.

i laughed , "sorry i was sleeping. had a rough night."

"oh," i heard his entire mood shift. "are you okay?" he said, not too tense, but also calmed out.

"yeah, i think so," i sighed, "not really in the mood to talk about it."

"that's fair. well —" he started to try and speak again before quickly stopping. i heard someone shouting and the speaker get muffled with staticky sounds absorbing the mic. there was a long pause with no noise except for the occasional shuffling against the mic.