chapter 12 || wilbur soot hate club

before i could even process what was happening, a smile spread across my face. i ran at him and hugged him. as simple as that. it was impactful though. i felt his arms instantly maneuver, dropping his luggage, to hug me back.

i didn't let go. i hugged to the point where it most definitely should have been awkward, but it wasn't. i was heavily breathing almost from the shock and i readjusted as if i could get even closer to him.

"hey," he giggles and moved his hand to my head and pulls in.

something about people holding me like that makes me feel so comfortable and i can't even explain why. i assume it's because it just feels more intimate. like they want to be close to me.

we both finally pulled back, but i didn't detach myself from his arms. i knew this was a moment i would never see again. i wanted to cherish it.

cherishing it i was, because i could feel myself staring.

"you look so much.. different in person," i smiled.

"you're one to talk," he returned the excitement. i guess it's weird when you only see someone over a screen. everything was so much clearer from outside of his shitty camera. i frantically searched his expression.

we both calmed down a little and fell into a more comfortable state of "how are you"s and "im so happy to see you"

i picked up the handle of a suitcase he had dropped at his side while he grabbed the other and readjusted the backpack he had also dropped. i looked at him before guiding him to the car and told his random things to be warned about in the car and when we get to the house. we laughed as we waited by the doors for karl.

karl ran in and they attacked each other like cousins at christmas. i watched as their interaction was just as special as the one i experienced.

i could feel the joy and buzz of happiness that floated around as we loaded in the car. the boys made me sit in the backseat, so i sat behind alex to annoy him.

i started kicking the back of his chair.

"you're literally a fucking toddler."

"okay and ?"

he shook his head as we started the two hour drive back home.

the drive back home was mostly karl playing music, followed by me controlling it, followed by alex complaining then proceeding to make a dick joke. karl would also then make a dick joke. i would make a joke that would take them 5 minutes to get. it was a cycle.

when we got home , we were all tired and alex was exhausted from the flight. we collectively decided to go to bed.

but alas, i never truly get a good night's sleep.

no need for me to repeat is there ? i mean the stance of the dream has become all to familiar, and honestly quite disorienting. it hurts to relive and rethink it.

all up until the hand, innocently outstretched for my guide. this time, i got so far as to grab the hand of the figure before suddenly being dragged out of my sleep.

this sucks.

i felt my phone buzz somewhere near my hip on the bed and reached around until i managed to find it.

2 messages from "small q"

i oggled at the name for a moment before remembering that i changed alex's contact on the car ride home today.

reluctantly, i opened the message. who knows what he has to say at...

2:16 a.m.

small q
let's go for a drive
just you and me.