Chapter 4: Headache

AYANOKOUJI POV

When I awoke, I was greeted by the usual white walls. But why am I here, exactly? Was it all a nightmare? That didn't seem to be the case. Everything was under control until... I escaped, I was free, and everything was under control until...

Charles zi Britannia. Isn't he the ruler of the British Empire? I will reciprocate tenfold. Do you think you can put me in a cage? But why was he so satisfied with his conduct, his actions are strange. It's safe to presume he knows everything there is to know about me or the data. What does he have in mind? Either he's hiding something or he's just an arrogant old man....

'Who am I...?' Who am I, exactly? 'How come I can't remember?'

"You shall be known as X from now on." In these pristine walls, a familiar voice echoed.

I'm not sure who he is, but I dislike his voice. But why do I feel obligated to repay him? Why? I have a feeling there's more to the story. But what did I overlook? This isn't my usual behavior.

What was it that I was thinking about? My name? and as are my origins. I'm Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, a Chevron family slave.... The empire happened to come to my rescue.

I took a look around this location. I'm quite sure I've never been in here before, but maybe I have? I'm somehow bonded to these walls, to this location. I'm tethered like a chain. The sensation of being imprisoned is one I've had my entire life.

 The sensation of being imprisoned is one I've had my entire life

I came to a halt when I noticed a lone man seated in the chair. He appeared to be in his thirties. His brown hair was combed back and he had a grim expression. He was dressed properly in a suit. With his golden probing eyes, he glared at me. His eyes seemed to pierce directly into the soul of the person; if looks could kill, I'd be dead by now. The individual piqued my interest because he appeared to be familiar and similar to me. I'm quite sure I've never met this man before, but he looks just like myself.

"Who are you?" I inquired, hoping to reduce the pressure.

His brows furrowed, lips curled into a growl "Who am I?" he queried, irritably. "Just because you've gotten away from my clutches doesn't mean you can forget about me."

"What do you mean?" says the speaker. I inquired, my gaze fixed on his. I find it bizarre that he looks so much like me, even nasty, especially considering he speaks to me as if I were an uncontrollable animal.

"Are you still playing dumb?" "I am your father." He spoke with unequivocal authority.

I was astonished; I had assumed that whatever he said would be of no use to me, yet I felt shackles around my ankles, commanding me to obey. Was he stating the truth or not?

"I'll ask you another question. Why did you try to run away from me, your future, and who you are?"

"..."

The man rose to his feet and smashed his fists together in wrath. "I've given you everything since you were born!! I taught you everything! Power! Your future was given to you by me! So, what's the deal? Why do you keep dismissing me?" He inquired. It wasn't really a question, to be honest.