Ch. 7 - Asking Kenma

"Are you coming to watch or not?" Y/n placed her index finger on her chin, as if she was thinking about how to answer the most hardest question ever. Kuroo only asked her if she was coming to the practice match they'll be having with Fukurodani.

Y/n turns to Kuroo with a grin, "Of course I'll come to watch. I wanna meet Bokuto, it's been a while since I've seen him," she exclaimed.

"Great!" Kuroo cheered.

"And the fact that she's only there to see Bokuto," Kenma shook his head disappointed.

Kuroo glares at Kenma, knowing full well what he's on about. "Shut up, Kenma. At least she's there," he said.

The trio are currently walking to school and as they walked in the school gates, a girl suddenly bumped into Y/n.

The girl looks back and bowed to say sorry. When she straighten up, her eyes met Kuroo's as he was looking at her apologizing to Y/n.

"Oh, you're Kuroo, right?" the girl warmly smiled. "I'm Ito Himari, we're in the same class?" she nervously said.

Kuroo raised an eyebrow and flick his thumb and middle finger. "Ah, you're the new girl," he exclaimed. Himari simply nodded.

Looking at her carefully, Y/n noticed that she was the girl who was looking at her weirdly at lunch the other day, though she said nothing and stayed quiet.

Y/n felt a weird feeling from Himari. She seems oddly weird but shrugged it off.

Himari turns to Y/n again smiled. "Again, I'm sorry... um.."

"Oh, it's L/n Y/n," Y/n replied.

"Sorry, L/n-san."

Y/n simply nodded. Kenma who was standing next to Kuroo only stayed quiet the whole time, having his own thoughts to himself.

"We better get going now, the bell will ring any minute now," Y/n exclaimed.

They all walked inside the school building, Kenma and the third years parted ways as they went to their part of the building. Once Kuroo made it to his class, Himari also halted in her steps. "See you at lunch," he said to Y/n. She nodded and replied with a simple "see you" and walked off.

Kuroo smiled and waltz in his classroom. Himari looks at Y/n's back and went into a classroom not so far away. She then looks at Kuroo who was in the classroom. A thought came into her head and she gritted her teeth.

* * *

Y/n walks through the hallways of the school and towards the courtyard where she will be having lunch with Kenma and Kuroo. Apparently, Kuroo had some work to do so he asked her to go first.

This was a good opportunity to ask Kenma about Kuroo's crush and that was what she will do.

Once she was at the courtyard, she sees Kenma on his phone playing something while a bun was in his mouth. Y/n skips over to him and sat down next to him on the bench.

"Hey, Kenma," she started with a smile. Kenma simply nodded and hummed as a reply. "Do you know anything about Kuroo's crush?" she asked, having seem to rush her words. "I-it's just that, he told me that he has a crush on someone but he won't tell me who so I thought that you would know," Y/n smiled sheepishly when Kenma turned to her, his bun almost slipping put of his mouth.

Kenma sat his phone down and munch on his bun and finishes it. "Okay, first. Where is Kuroo?" he asked.

"He has something to do," Y/n answered.

Kenma nodded. "Why do you think that I would know who his crush is?" he asked, maybe he could get away with this kind of excuse.

"Well, you guys do share everything with each other.. and I know he would have told you something like this," Y/n exclaimed. Well, she wasn't wrong.

Kenma narrowed his eyes and turned back to his phone. "If I do know, as Kuroo likes to say it, "it's a bro code" that I can't say anything about his crush," he stated, matter-of-factly.

The girl simply frowned, knowing full well what that is. "Fineeee," she sulked.

"Why do you want to know?" Kenma ask, feeling a tad bit guilty.

Y/n hesitated, can she tell him? Kenma is her best friend and he doesn't talk much. He's also good at keeping secrets. She sighed.

"I.." she started of quietly. "I like Kuroo," her voice was quiet but Kenma could hear it clearly.

Even though he looked calm but on the inside, he was surprised. His two best friends liked each other and are oblivious to their feelings.

"You can't tell anyone, not even Kuroo. Of course you can't tell him, but you know what I mean," Y/n said quickly. Kenma simply nodded and promised not to tell anyone, not even his other best friend, Kuroo.

___________________________________________________

word count: 827
updated! phew, it took me this long. sorry for the delay guys!

btw, i published a new story like minutes ago, its a gojou fanfic :D