Chapter 3: Broken Apart

SmallSapphire mentally gapped at the voice, heart thumping wildly she yelled the voice back, 'No! You cannot be my father! That's Rockyfur!' Sandfall's bark sounded from her head as she bounded towards Herb Hill, SmallStar close behind, "At least those rotten Twolegs haven't destroyed everything!" SmallStar howled happily as he plucked Horse Tail and she tried to focus on picking off Cobwebs. Her mind continued to yell, but Sandfall barked back, You Are My Pup, SmallSapphire, Brightpool killed me to let Rockyfur get to ShiningEnder, and Sadly..it worked. SmallSapphire hated this thought, thinking that Brightpool, one of the kindest wolves she has ever known, could kill someone for a stupid reason. "Uh..SmallSapphire..?" She heard SmallStar mew and she had just realized she had dozens of cobwebs on her paws. "Oh! Uh.." She felt heat radiate off her pelt as she plucked them off, This Is Over. GOODBYE, she screamed at Sandfall as he heard is whisper. She heard rustles and her thoughts cleared as she looked over, "What's that..?" SmallStar whispered, and SmallSapphire shrugged, "Not sure..let's be care--BEAR!!" She howled as she saw a bear explode from the bushes and both SmallTails broke into a run towards FeatherBand Clearing, letting their scent trail off. "BEAR!!" She howled into the clearing and wolves growled and fear scent surrounded the air that it even made her dizzy. Pups were shoved to the back of the nursery and Full Wolves got into fighting positions.

The bear bursted through the bramble tunnel, snarling thrashing it's long claws at the ground. It huffed, and about 3 Full Wolves circled it, lashing out sharp claws and eyes blazing with fear and fury. "Watch out!" She shrieked and shoved SmallStar out of the way as a smaller bear, a cub, came bursting in and lashed out its claws. "You're just going to keep saving me aren't you?" He chuckled. Not The Time, Star, she thought grumpily as she saw AlphaStar attack the cub, growling in fury as it bit down onto her tail. The bigger bears roared and raced towards it, but SmallBlaze launched herself at it, and SmallSapphire howled in horror as she watched what her friend did. SmallBlaze bit down, and hard, on the bears neck, sinking her sharp teeth in until it collapsed to the ground. SmallSapphire was horrified.

SmallSapphire barely realized they had left the cub without a mother, and it raced out, and her heart broke slightly thinking of how it was to live on its own. "S-SmallBlaze..?" She stammered out as her friend licked the blood off her paws and tried to wash them. Everyone was starring at SmallBlaze, eyes wide.

*End Of SmallSapphire Point Of View*

SmallBlaze couldn't believe she did that! A SmallTail, her, KILLED A BEAR! She really did it! And it was thanks to Sadnfalk that she mastered the killing bite. Thank You, Father, she barked and her eyes burned hatred into Rockyfur, who was staring wide eyed with confusion. SmallBlaze ignored the stares and walked off.

*time skippy*

Both she-wolves hadn't talked since SmallBlaze performed the killing bite, it was as if SmallSapphire was terrified of her now! SmallBlaze confronted the white she-wolf, tail twisting and fur slightly bristling, "What's wrong with you? You haven't talked to me in sunrises!" She cried and SmallSapphire only sighed. "Who taught you the killing bite?!" SmallSapphire shrieked out and SmallBlaze have her the honest answer, "My father, Sandfall." The white she-wolfs eyes widened and she howled, "WHAT?!"