Chapter 1: It Has Begun

SmallSapphire prowled the forest, it's bright green leaves showed her that it had just began its season of Sun-Leaf (summer), and it would have plenty of prey to catch. "Tried avoiding me didn't you?" Called a familiar voice and SmallSapphire twisted around to see the wolf. It was her mentor, Netherstar, the FeatherBand Healer. "Oh! No!" SmallSapphire barked in reply, looking at her mentors dark grey pelt. He nodded, chuckling slightly, "Well as long as your here, let's go and collect herbs." Trying not to get to any actual trouble, she nodded and followed her mentor to herb hill, a place where most of the herbs come from. "What do we need?" She asked, and Netherstar replied, "Wolfmint and Burdock Root." The white SmallTail nodded. Strong scents wafted into SmallSapphire's nostrils, showing her location of herb hill, she could scent many kinds of herbs. Netherstar pointed his tail to a leafy patch of plants, and the strong amazing scent went into SmallSapphire's nostrils, "Wolfmint!" She blurted out, and instantly lowered her head, feeling a strong flush of heat on her pelt from embarrassment. Netherstar rolled his eyes and gave a smile to his apprentice, "It's alright. Gather it up." He barked and SmallSapphire instantly began to pluck the plants out of the ground and into her jaws, and she tried hard not to chew on them. Next, with strong claws, both wolves gathered the Burdock Root, which Netherstar carried to camp.

SmallBlaze watched the pups play, being entirely bored, due to Rainbowclaw having to do something that she didn't know of. She swatted off Flamepup with her tail, swishing off the ginger brown pup who was her little brother. Tulippup, her little sister, though was happily bouncing on SmallBlaze's head, yelling out she was leader of FeatherBand. "Get off me!" SmallBlaze hissed at her sister and shook her head so she scrambled down and onto her paws. The pale ginger she-pup fumed at SmallBlaze, then barking out, "You're no fun anymore." Tulipup stalked up Enderpup, ShiningEnders pup, and SmallSapphire's little sister. SmallBlaze glanced at the entrance, seeing white fur and dark gray. She instantly leaped up to her paws and bounced over, calling out, "SmallSapphire! SmallSapphire!" The snow white SmallTail glanced back at her, a warm smile spreading on her muzzle. "Hello, SmallBlaze, excuse me for a second, I have to set these over in The Healer's den." She said so maturely before padding off with Netherstar to his den.

Moments later SmallSapphire came out. SmallBlaze saw how late it was, the sun starting to sink into the horizon. SmallBlaze let out a yawn, stretching her limbs. "Tired much?" She heard SmallSapphire bark, her voice playful. She nodded her ginger head and took a deep breath before letting it out, "I've been like this all day! What do you expect?" She said back, yawning half the word. SmallSapphire wrapped tail around SmallBlaze making her feel happy, SmallSapphire was finally free to hang out, and she was happy about that, because finally she wasn't busy with that Netherstar. Unfortunately, it was time to rest. "I hate that you have to be so busy.." SmallBlaze commented silently, and SmallSapphire barks out annoyed by her comment, "Well I don't know we'll need somewolf to heal the Band when Netherstar is gone." She growled slightly and SmallBlaze looked up at her baffled, Why Is She Acting This Way? "Whoa! Whoa! Calm yourself! Do you need Thyme?" She playfully said Thyme, just to see her reaction. SmallSapphire growled again before sighing and padding away. She sighed and entered the apprentices den, while SmallSapphire entered the Healer's den where her nest was.

"Help! Help!" A sudden howl barked through the camp as barely dawn was about to come. SmallSapphire flashed awake in a hurry, and practically dashed out her den, but AlphaStar was already at the camp. The wolf crying for help was a silver she-wolf with light blue specks on her fur, and emerald green eyes. AlphaStar approached the wolf, who's fur was matted with mud, and splinters, her amber eyes widened, "Silverpelt, what's wrong?" She asked worryingly, as Silverpelt panted out, "Twolegs! Destroying IvyBand Camp! And they're already trying to catch us!" She wailed out, and with the word Twolegs, AlphaStar yowled out, "Alright, everyone, we have to help IvyBand, no questions. I need, SmallBlaze, Gemtip, Creamlight, Brightpool, SmallSapphire, and Rockyfur, NOW. The rest of the warriors and SmallTails here are to guard the camp in case Twolegs come and attack FeatherBand! Protect each other." And with the final words, the wolves mentioned raced over, claws unsheathed, and looks of determination in their eyes. AlphaStar and Silverpelt led the way, their paws pounding on the ground.

Silverpelt bounded into the camp, and SmallSapphire's eyes widened at the destruction the Twolegs have made so far, dens were broken, and the ground was piled into only small patches of grass remaining. Yowls of terror, fear and hatred bounced through the camp. "Sapphire, SmallSapphire. MOVE!" She heard Brightpool yowl, and she shook her head, "Sorry!" She barked quickly before racing into the scene, looking for any wolves that were sick or hurt. She looked at the mother wolves who were struggling to move their pups out of camp, she raced over, paws trembling. "Hello, I'm SmallSapphire, FeatherBand's Healer, Let Me help!" She informed The Mother Wolves who only nodded, she picked up as many pups as she could and raced out of camp, returning to get more pups. Grayflower, a pale grey she-wolf with purple eyes and white markings wailed, "Moonpup!" SmallSapphire twisted her head to see Moonpup, racing away from a Twoleg. She growled and pounced onto it, "Leave the pup alone!" She demanded and clawed at the stinking Twoleg.

SmallSapphire nudged the Historians out of camp, letting them be lead away by IvyBand Full Wolves. "Is that everyone?" She yowls around, to get a faint howl of terror. She looked back, seeing a pale grey male SmallTail, struggling to free himself in a twist of branches. She raced over, trying to push off the branches, "Stop moving! Just wait!" She ordered and the SmallTail stopped twisting. She tugged on a log, lifting it up, "Try pulling!" Her muffled direction made out and the SmallTail stumbled out. "Thanks! I'm SmallStar.." SmallStar barked and she only nodded, "Well lets just-"

CRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

SmallSapphire jumped out of her pelt, looking around she spotted the great IvyBand tree, falling, splinters ripping from the bark, under it was SmallBlaze, looking up at it, terrified. "SMALLBLAZE!" SmallSapphire screamed and raced to her friend, SmallStar on her tail. SmallBlaze looked at SmallSapphire, true horror in her eyes, and at that time, Brightpool, SmallBlaze's father, launched himself towards her, both scrambling out of the way as the tree crashed down. SmallSapphire ran towards both of them, sighing in relief of seeing them both alright, "let's go!" Rockyfur called, helping both of FeatherBand into their paws and over the great IvyBand tree. SmallStar scrambled onto the bark, and helped up SmallSapphire, and both SmallTails leaped over to the Band. Both were trembling in fear, until AlphaCloud broke the silence and grief asking, "Where do you think we should stay?" He asked, AlphaStar, staring into the intense unusual amber eyes. "Till then, we can't risk you wolves being in this part of the forest, you shall stay with FeatherBand." Gemtip, a senior warrior of FeatherBand howled out, shocked, "What?! AlphaStar, you can't be serious!" AlphaStar scoffed, "Oh I'm serious. We cannot let this Band search for new territory and build back on this side of the forest. They are fit to hunt their own prey, but till then, they stay with us. Alright? Any not approving?" She said the last question demandingly, as if anyone would question an Alphas orders. StarryNight and AlphaCloud led IvyBand, While SmallSapphire and AlphaStar led FeatherBand.

Moments later, they arrived, some warriors hissing at IvyBand, until AlphaStar leaped onto the Grand Rock, "All Wolves gather for a Band Meeting!" Her voice boomed around the clearing and wolves matched straight over. "IvyBand will be staying with us. Their camp has been attacked by Twolegs and it is no longer safe for them to set up territory and camp in that side of the forest. No questions to these orders but go on and treat them like they were your bandmates. I also want patrols looking carefully around the borders." She left murmurs at the Grand Rock as she dropped down gracefully onto the ground. SmallSapphire sighed heavily as she looked around, seeing ShiningEnder welcome warmly Greyflower, CrystalGem and Darkrain, along with the pups already making friendships with the IvyBand pups. SmallSapphire sighed as she thought to herself, 'Oh Dear..SkyBand, Guide Us Well..'