Chapter 12

"Hello" I answered.

"Who were you busy with earlier." Nate asked.

"Look nate, I don't know why your calling. I don't have to tell you anything." I said sitting on my bed.

"I know your probably mad that I haven't been answering your text or calling you back. but I didn't know what to say or how to say the words I wanted to say." he said taking in a deep breath.

"What are you talking about?" I readjusted my shirt.

"When I remembered it was your moms birthday last week, I knew I should've been there with you."

"Nate, there's no reason for you to be in my life anymore." I said getting annoyed.

"I know you feel that way. but I promise I'm going to be a better boyfriend." he said speaking fast.

"Boyfriend?" I blurted out.

"Jessie, why are you acting like this?" He asked. "are you really that am at me?"

"I have to go" I said as I quickly hung up my phone.

I stood up from my bed with anger and confusion. I didnt know what to believe, or better yet, who. My mind was spinning...I hated this. I turned off my phone and decided i should put my mind to rest and call it a night.

**********************

I woke up to Andrew violently shaking me.

"Ronny's here." he said as he began walking out of the room.

I slowly opened my eyes, that were refusing to open. I used all my force to yank my body off of my bed. I couldn't stop yawning.

Once I reached the door I took in a deep breath and opened the door.

"morning beautiful." Ronny said leaning in for a kiss, but I turned my face. "did I do something"

"Is Nate really my ex?" I asked getting straight to the point.

He tried taking my hand but I pulled my hand away. he took in a deep breath "I'm selfish when it comes to you."

"Is he, or is he not my ex."

"He isn't your ex. I lied." he said refusing to look at me.

"Does me trusting you not mean anything to you?" I asked, I could feel my anger over whelming my body.

"It means everything, but like I said you make my mind spin. I want you." he said coming near me.

"It's not up to who you like, I have a boyfriend. where you thinking that I wouldn't remember this? Where you using me?"

"Honestly, yeah. I didn't think you would find out, because your boyfriend hasn't called you once since you been here." he said also getting mad.

When Ronny gets mad he flexes his muscles which made this conversation even harder to have.

"Stay away from me." I said trying to close the door, but Ronny placed his foot in the door way.

"Let me explain." he said trying to open the door more.

Andrew out of no where stepped infront of me.

"Ronny you need to leave." Andrew said as he puffed out his chest.

"I need to talk to her." he begged.

"I don't want to hurt you ronny. so please go" he said.

Ronny looked at Andrew and nodded, then he turned away and left.

"I don't know what's going on with him." drew said.

"Me neither." I said standing by the door.

"I take it he never told you about nate.." he said standing next to me.

I shook my head.

"Look, Ronny isn't a bad guy.. especially when it comes to you. And he didn't do whatever he did to hurt you"

"Thanks andrew. for stepping in when you did."

He looked at me and nodded.

"Isn't it my job to look after you?" I asked as I let out a brief laugh.

"I think you should call Nate back." he said.

"How do you know he called."

"You have never been able to have a quiet conversation on the phone"

We both laughed.

Just then drews phone went off. but he didn't answer it right away, instead he stared at the screen.

"Arnt you gonna get that?" I asked

He shook his head no.

"Who is it?"

"No one." he replied keeping his answers short and simple.

Just as I began to ask him more questions my dad yelled for me from the kitchen.

I gave drew a ' I'm here if you need to talk' look then I walked away to the kitchen to join my dad.

"Yeah?" I asked as he sat at the table eating his breakfast.

"How are you doing today?" He asked.

"Good."

"I think it's a good idea if you get out of the house again and explore. Ronny said it seemed to help a little the other day."

I shook my head. "that's not a good idea."

"Then ask sam, or andrew." he said. "I want you to remember."

"I want that too, more than anyone. but, it doesn't magically come back. and I don't wanna bother anyone. if it makes you feel better I can go out and get out of the house by myself" I suggested.

He signed. it was like he was disappointed. then, he nodded.

"Fine." he said quietly.

I headed towards my room and began to get myself ready. I don't have any particular style I like to wear, just comfortable. so I threw on some white shorts and a navy blue sweatshirt that read "New York university".

I rushed out the door and I could feel the fresh cool air press against my skin. my hair flowed violently against the harsh wind, reminding me it was a good idea that I wore a sweatshirt.

I didn't know where my emotions were or what I wanted. I didn't know much. I have feelings for Ronny but I know I shouldnt, I should be focusing on him., but honestly what does it matter, how can I be in a relationship with a guy I don't remember loving. I thin I should see where it goes with ronny.

I got out my phone and found Ronny's contact and hit the call button.

"Jessie." he said as he answered the phone, he began apologizing, but I interrupted him.

"Don't be sorry, I feel something for you. I don't know what it is yet. I only know that your the only person I trust right now." I said " come over and we can talk about what we are and everything."

I didn't know what I was getting myself into, it was a in the moment thing.

I turned back to go to my house. I could feel a smile go over my face, and I could imagine a future with ronny.

I began running until I reached my driveway and saw a limo In the drive way.

I figured Ronny got us a limo, and planned something.

I rushed through the door and looked around for ronny.

Out of no where a man with huge muscles, and a defined jawline hugged me and then kissed my lips.

I pushed him off of me and slapped him hard an I screamed.

My dad came around the corner.

"What's going on?" My father asked holding me as I panicked.

I watched Andrew run down the stairs.

"What did you do Nate?" Drew asked.

"Nate?" I asked as the doorbell rang.