Chapter 11

As Ronny stared at me I could feel myself wanting to kiss him again, but instead I looked away.

"What's wrong?" Ronny asked as he removed a piece of hair out of my face

"What about Stephany?" I asked.

"Your more important to me then she is."

Ronny took my hand, so I looked back into his eyes. then I blushed.

"I have an idea." Ronny blurted."why don't I show you around where we use to grow up and maybe some of your memories will come back"

That didn't sound like a bad idea, therefore we got in Ronny's truck and headed out.

The tension in the car was almost touchable. there was clearly something there, but I knew that was something I shouldn't get myself into, so I left it alone.

Through the awkward silence we made small talk. my phone began to buzz so I looked at it and the name 'Nate' appeared across the screen.

"Who is this?" I asked ronny.

"Let me answer it." Ronny said taking the phone and placing it near his ear. "Were busy."

Ronny hung up the phone and passed it back to me.

"Who's Nate?" I asked again.

"You're ex." he said looking straight.

"Why was he calling me then?"

He shook his head "don't know."

I didn't mind to think much of it. the way Ronny answered the phone made it seem like I didn't need to talk to nate.

After I put my phone away we pulled into a cornfield. Ronny came to my side of the car and opened my door and helped me out of the car.

"This was my favorite memory." Ronny said as he took my hand. "we started coming here when we were four."

He began walking through the field. it was very itchy and uncomfortable.

"It wasn't until we were six that we found this" Ronny said as we stood infront of woods.

"We discovered woods?" I asked with a laugh.

Ronny guided me forward for another mile or so.

Then we stood infront of a waterfall. Ronny stood infront of me then he turned around to face me.

My eyes must have been so big because I could feel the wind blow past them and I didn't wanna blink, I was afraid I was dreaming.

"That's the face you made when we first found this place." he said laughing. I let out a laugh too.

"Then what happened." I asked.

"We got in!" He said as he began taking his shirt off.

"Wait." I said as I ran at him full force, we both landed in the water.

"That's one way to get it" he said as he raised his head out of the water. then he turned to me. "I'm gonna get you for that."

I began laughing "if you can catch me." I said going under water. I began swimming towards the waterfall, I even swam under it. and surely Ronny followed.

I pulled my head out of the water and Ronny picked me up from behind "gottcha"

I turned myself around and began looking into his hazel eyes. "no," I said " I got you." I placed my lips on his.
***********
Once we were semi dried we say down on some fallen trees.

"You said that was your best memory?" I asked as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Yea, but I like this version better." he said as he kissed the top of my head.

"Then what was our worst?"

There was a moment of silence.

"WEll, one day you came to say bye and not the 'I'll see you tomorrow' bye the 'I'm moving to New York' bye. when you hugged me for the last time, I wanted to remember everything about that moment. your hair smelt like strawberries and you wore your yellow sundress that you wore every sunday. and we you began heading away in your car I just ran. I ran as fast as I could chasing your car, but no matter how fast I ran I couldn't catch up. the reason I ran is because I didn't know when I was going to see you again or if I would ever see you again all I knew was my best friend was leaving." he whipped his tear that fell from his red heated face.

"I'm here now." Reassuring him.as I took his hand and rubbed it with my thumb.

Rain began to fall violently so Ronny an I ran to his car. once we made it there we were gone.

"I think that was enough for today, we can do some more tomorrow." Ronny said as he pulled into my driveway.

"Thank you ronny. for all of this."

I opened the car door and headed inside my house. my dad was waiting for me at the door.

"Where were you" my father asked.

"With ronny." i said, he nodded.

"Have you heard from your brother" he asked.

I shook my head no. was I suppose to? Do I normally know? I had no clue, which made things quiet.

I headed towards my room. then my phone began to ring.

Nate.

"Hello?" I answered