{5} 大福の素晴らしさ!

" Chapter 5 , The wonders of Daifuku ! "

A brilliant ray of light shone through the window and onto Yukina's eyes , brightening the shadow her arm casted above her head

A brilliant ray of light shone through the window and onto Yukina's eyes , brightening the shadow her arm casted above her head. Some part of her wanted to stay asleep and recover from last night but she knew deep down she would never forgive herself for wasting a sunny day. Yukina accepted the sun's invitation to wake up and slowly sat up , rubbing her eyes. A soft trail of humming caught her attention along with the faintest smell of food.

She pushed through the dizziness and walked to the kitchen. Just as she thought , Miyako was there , flipping what looked like pancakes. ' Must be breakfast. ' she thought , hiding behind the counter to watch her work. Her hat was replaced with a lilac kerchief and from the back she wore a pair of purple pajamas and a white apron on top.

" Money , Money , Money "

" Must be funny "

" In a rich man's world "

" Money , Money , Money "

" Always sunny "

" In the rich man's world "

Yukina crawled closer and closer to Miyako as she blissfully hummed away. She kept her body low to the ground with her wrist slowly reaching for the plate that held a stack of pancakes. Just as she was within arm's reach of snatching a hot cake , a sudden wince of pain caused her to pull away with a yelp.

" I don't know whether I should be insulted or amused that you once again tried to sneak up on me. You're stance is sloppy and I could hear your footsteps a mile away " Yukina was ready to start an argument before her attention shifted to the two plates sitting by the stove. " Breakfast will be done soon. In the meantime , you should probably shower and take care of that bird's nest. " Miyako snickered , pointing to the tangled hair Yukina woke up with. " You're unbelievable ! " Yukina exclaimed , storming off. The sound of humming returned but she refused to listen to it.

Soft clouds of steam floated around the bathroom. Yukina combed her fingers through her hair as she stared at the drain. The water was starting to grow cold , but she didn't mind. Everything from last night came flooding in. ' What am I gonna do ? I'm a wanted criminal now. How long will I be here ? Mom probably thinks I ran away. She must be so worried about me ' so many questions ran through her mind but she couldn't find the answer to them.

She slowly twisted the knob and dried herself off. From the corner of her eye , a pair of clothes was neatly folded on the sink. A white sleeveless buttoned-up blouse with pleats and a round collar around the neck. Underneath it was a black pinafore tulle skirt and a pair of black stockings to match. Out of everything , the one thing that really stood out to her was the peony pink blazer on top of it all. It was the only source of color in the entire pile and it went well with her blonde hair and complexion. Next to it was a black headband and satin choker. " Is this...for me ? " She raised it to her body , and it fitted around her waist perfectly. She had to admit , it looked cute on her.