{2} 大福へようこそ!パート2

" Welcome to Daifuku ! PT. 2 "

" Dear arrow of fate

" Dear arrow of fate... hear my wish. Mom means well , but I just can't live a life where nothing exciting happens. I fear that this might be the last time I get to be a kid. Grant my wish tonight. Take me somewhere filled with children's toys , and all the fun I could ever want... "

" I want to smile and laugh... "

" I want to be by Miyako's side... "

It was dark and silent , but Yukina's senses slowly came to with the sound of cars passing by , and her fingers grazing against the wet grass underneath her. It took her some time , but with the help of water tapping against her face , she slowly opened her eyes. Her consciousness faded in and out before getting a somewhat clear glimpse of the cloudy night sky that was pouring down rain.

' It was raining hours ago. Did it rain again ? ' Yukina thought , struggling to move with the aching pain in her back and hips. It felt like she jumped out of a moving car. Despite this tremendous pain and fatigue , she pushed her body hard enough to turn and look at something else other than the night skies. And what she saw was breathtaking.

Her eyes were still blurry from the rain , but could make out buildings and bright colorful lights coming from those buildings. The whole city looked like thousands of stars spread out to paint a beautiful canvas. It was so surreal. She never thought in a million years she would see another place other than Santiwan.

It's a dream come true. A strangely familiar dream...

She tried to sit up but a large wave of pain forced her to lay back down and stare into the sky. The soft touch of rain made her desperately want to drift off to sleep , and for a moment she considered it. She let her eyelids fall and her heartbeat slow down from the cold breeze that blew through. The darkness crept through yet again.

" Well , this isn't something you see every day "

Her eyes shot open , and she lifted her head to look for the source of the voice. " That voice...who's there ? " Yukina called out , only to be met back with silence. Her body demanded rest , but the snaps of someone's fingers forced her to stay awake.

She tried to lift her head and look around , but the pain in her back wasn't going to let her. That is until a hand was offered to her. A gloved hand.

" Take my hand. Unless you wanna sleep in the dirty wet grass then by all means , have fun " the voice chuckled.

Yukina was hesitant , but slowly reached out to them , accidentally gripping their arm instead of their hand due to the sudden dizziness. The first thing she took notice of was the texture of a suit. Spots of darkness dotted about from the sudden jump from sleep.

" Who are you ? " Yukina asked , the owner of the voice chuckling to themselves as Yukina held onto them for support.

" You don't know who I am ? You must be new. Oh well , I'm not complaining. Means less Daifuku Police on my part ! "