{3}ミニスペードの誕生

" Chapter 3 , The Birth of Mini Spade "

" Whew , we made it ! Home sweet home ! "

" THIS IS THE PHANTOM MANSION?! IT'S SO MUCH BIGGER IN PERSON!!! " Yukina exclaimed. The building was massive , assumed to have two stories from just the sheer size alone. It was much larger than the manga description , that's for sure.

The sun was rising , and Yukina had woken up from a nice rest in the car , stretching her back that was still sore from yesterday's chase.

" It's...a bit extra for one person , don't you think ? Or do just want to flex your immense wealth ? " she snickered , feeling a light pebble poke her forehead. " Ow ! " rubbing it , she looked up with a pout to meet with Miyako's head , her arms crossed.

" Watch the insults , dumpling head. It's not everyday I bring a rando to my hideaway. You're lucky I owe you this. " Miyako said sternly , leaving the two quiet for a few minutes till suddenly , she jumped from her spot and gripped on her cape , glaring at Yukina in fear and surprise. " Wait a minute ! How do you even know about this place!? " Yukina yelped and bit her bottom lip , tapping her foot against the ground. ' Shoot ! Me and my big mouth ! What do I tell her now?! I heard it on the news ? But she saw me fall from the sky ! What do I tell the greatest thief in the whole world?! '

" I-I just figured it was called that since you're called a Phantom Thief. Phantom Thief ? Mansion ? Phantom Mansion ?? " Yukina nervously chuckled , once again trying to keep her eyes focused on Miyako. Miyako said nothing.

She just stared at her with boredom before sighing to herself and adjusting her hat , walking onto the grass to the door. " Great job Miyako , you're letting strangers stay in your home now...can't wait to see how this'll stain my hard work and image... "

Yukina was going to say something , but decided it was best to just ignore her grumbling. She looked around , and found the car they drove parked in the garage , defiantly knowing for sure this was the back of the building. Then Miyako caught her attention again.

Her hat. It was just sitting there , bouncing along with her.  ' I've never seen her hair down , not even in the manga. But even with that hat , her hair is always perfectly in place. It never falls down when she moves. Weird... I wonder if she pins her hair , or if it's naturally short like mine. Only one way to find out... '

Yukina without even saying a word , suddenly lunged at her to try , and take her top hat , only for her to collapse onto the concrete ground and scratch her arm. ' Of course I'd be too slow to try and grab it. Why did I... Why did I do that ? It's just a hat ' she got up and dusted herself , looking up at a very tired and irritated Miyako.

" Miyako , why do you keep that top hat on ? That's gonna get you caught , and it's too hot to be wearing a hat , let alone a suit  "

" I'm gonna regret this... " Miyako mumbled. With a snap of her fingers , the doors opened on command , walking through with Yukina behind her. The large door was wooden , but engraved on it were three card suits. A blue diamond , a purple spade , and a pink heart.