vii. Sneak Attack.

chapt seven,          sneak attack

THE car switched to a therapy session between Diego and Klaus. Damilola snuck into the nearest convince store to change her leaking bandage. Her hip clenched. Medication could be the answer but it makes her drowsy. What if Five was watching her? Hidden in a building, another sniper gun pointed at her head and she walks out the glass door ━━━━ BANG! Crimson blood splattered on the glass like paint and she's nothing. An empty body waiting for her soul to succumb to the earth. Like Eudora Patch. Withering away into a memory. Then, forgotten.

Wait. He should be the one trembling in his shorts. She wants to kick him on his knees and ignore him begging for death Damilola will pour everything he dumped on her back to him. No assassin, ending the world or bruise, or whatever will stop her. She'll paint the streets with blood and she doesn't care that he's Diego's brother. He survived once without him. He can do it again.

Her stomach grumbled. A small circle mirror hung in the corner, she strings her wavy hair together in a low ponytail with her black silken ribbon and deems it decent. Delicate music floats on a speaker loudest in the quiet, her fingers danced over the swirl of cold glossy coloured chocolate bars, all she needs to silence her stomach, the dark purple looked prettiest with its white jointed writing, "It can only break you if you let it. Ha."

It's a positive quote. Not the type of things she looked to read. It makes her skin crawl. Damilola never understood why, it praised her more than her moms did. Her head tilts landing on Diego, she hopes he's doing alright. Losing Patch must've not have been easy for him, it could be why he's so focused on hunting them. She laid on it the counter and reached into her dark red blazer, shoving around the spare tangled ribbon, pen, receipts and finds lost coins.

"Damilola, we gotta move!" Diego shouted, head poked out the window as the engine barked to life. The coins drop on his counter and she bids him bye over her shoulder.

"Who are we chasing?" Damilola inquired, clicking her seatbelt. Her shoulders straightening breathing softly. He swerved. Her chocolate fell off her lap and her hand smacked into the window before her face did, her heart thumps in her chest.

"The psychos that tortured me," Klaus piped up, a spite in his tone. There is a change in him, like he's waking from his zombie state. It almost made her smile until she heard what he said.

"When did you get tortured?" Damilola asked, her head tilted glancing back at him.

He waved her off, "Ages ago."

     "How long was ages ago?" Damilola asked again, her features scrunched in confusion. How come this was new information to her? Is it because she wasn't talking ━━━━ no, Diego wasn't talking to her? She tried to pick up her chocolate but a sharp pain made her face scrunch clutching her side silently.