Contract 6: Bulletproof

Neon lights created a faux aurora across the city. Crowds in the hundreds muffled blaring music, which only escaped in split-seconds of calm. The only things to outshine both lights and the noise were fireworks and their ferocious explosions of color. Savory aromas drifted from the many night market stalls dotting the street.

Beyond the night market and lining the main road were party buses painted a vibrant red. A clear sign beside their doors prohibited any alcohol. The vehicles did little to stifle the excitement inside each one.

Overlooking the district was a popular rooftop bar, connected between two buildings by a neon-lit skywalk. Leaning on its railing, Agent 47 watched over the roads like a hawk.

"Welcome to Guangzhou," Diana greeted. "Your target is Liao Yingpei, a freelance programmer, and the last of Myung's mess--forgive my bluntness. His profile indicates him to be the introvert of the friend group. What he lacked in words and resources, he made up with smarts. It was he who picked up a digital footprint left by Myung's sloppiness, connecting the Kronstadt Explosion to the ICA.

"Liao is carrying the last physical copy of Bao's evidence on the ICA. Based on what we know from Bao, he intends to fly out of China and deliver the files to every international news agency. Naturally, we cannot allow that to happen. Your task is to eliminate him and retrieve the files. 

"However, it seems the Blue Lotus wasn't willing to give up after Bao Ju's death. Credit where credit is due, they're keeping their end of the bargain. Liao is currently situated in a CICADA-class armored car on a direct route toward the airport, protected by four vans of the same caliber. They're able to withstand heavy gunfire and low-grade explosives.

"Liao is currently on his way toward Guangzhou, where he will pass by to reach the airport. I speculate he will be in your area within an hour, so I advise you use this time to set something up. It's no bucket-wheel excavator by any means, but it'll certainly be trickier to deal with. Still, I trust you will find a way.

"Happy hunting, 47."

Location: Guangzhou, China
Target: The Whiz

A yellow-vested man donned with a hard hat pulled himself over the skywalk's railing, landing back on the bridge itself. After unhooking himself from the safety harness, he walked briskly ahead.

"Is something wrong with the skywalk?" a passerby asked her boyfriend.

"Probably not. I've seen this guy here once every few months. He goes under the bridge, talks to the manager for a bit, then leaves. I guess it's some routine inspection."

"Well, at least one business owner here puts safety before profits." 

The couple walked past earshot. 47 moved from his spot.

Illuminated by string lights, the establishment served as a bar and restaurant across both rooftops. A blue neon shine lined the flooring, making it seem as if everything floated over luminescent water. At each corner, watched over by the staff, people launched fireworks into the sky.

The bridge inspector sidled past waiters and patrons, making his way indoors.

In stark contrast to the party outside, the staircase was bound by empty tan walls that continued downward. He continued through rooms that at least had some semblance of pattern, but nothing compared to the main attraction of the rooftop. Soon, he reached the manager's office.

Neither of them was leaving any time soon, so in the meantime, 47 took a closer look at a point of interest he noted earlier. It was down a secluded hall that customers typically wouldn't notice. It was a room, heavily guarded by half a dozen guards: the Blue Lotus.