Chapter 7

Chapter 7. A Promise to Demon

"Mom, who is this?"

He asked as he stared at the infant, lying in its crib with curious eyes.

His mother smiled at him, her hand gently brushing the baby's soft hair

"This is your little sister, Angelica."

"Really? She's so tiny!"

He exclaimed, his eyes wide in disbelieve and surprise.

"You were also like once, you know."

She commented to the boy, who was now poking the little baby cheeks.

"She's so soft."

He commented, rubbing the baby's cheeks.

"Y/N, stop that! Your sister is still fragile, it's unhealthy to touch her cheeks like that!" She admonished, slapping his hand away.

Y/N only pouted in response.

"I love you."

"This is how you wash a horse. You need to make sure it's tied up properly. You don't want it running around. Tie the knots firmly, but try not to hurt it, you also don't want it to lash out." He emphasized the point by pulling the knot.

He stared at the horse for a second before focusing to the knot, after a moment he nodded in understanding

"Yes."

"Good, let's start cleaning. Be sure to use this brush for it's mane, not the other one. Then you-"

"I love you..."

#N/N, go take your sister to school! Mom's busy and your father is meeting a client. Go ahead and use the car.#

He read the message on his phone with a twitching eye. He had planned to meet up with some friends at a café, but it seems like he'll be late now. If he makes it at all, that is. He can hardly leave his little sister alone at home, after all.

His parents would give him hell if he left her here. Then again, he did adore her, so he supposed it was fine.

Still... he really hoped to spend some time with his friends. Maybe he should invite them over?

"I love you."

She was beautiful. Without a doubt, he had seen many beautiful women, both in this world and his own. But the woman standing in front of him...

Her beauty seemed natural, alluringly so. But not inhumane, he found those kind of people...strange, untouchable. No, what was standing in front of him right now was...

She reached out to him, a gentle smile on her face. He found himself too enraptured to move even a single muscle.

He realized his mistake only when she did finally touch him.

Cold...like ice. While her tender hand had all the soft and supple qualities he expected, it was as if the frozen northwind's themselves had shaped it.

"I love you..."

He found himself unable to move, frozen, as these the word's once again escaped her lips. As she lovingly took him into her arms, holding him like a young wife would her husband.