Chapter 3

Chapter 3. Under the Moonlight

He felt a cold sensation around his wounded cheek and hissed in pain. Seeing that Emilia gave him a concerned look.

Emilia:"I'm sorry but please bear with it, it isn't a pleasant sensation but it will heal you."

Not pleasant is one way of putting it. He could feel his numb muscles slowly regaining their sense, however it did not feel natural but more like the muscles were forced to wake up because of the pain.

He did not know how severe the damage was, but it was probably quite bad as there was a lot of blood coming out. He felt like a part of his flesh was going to fall, he did not even dare to touch it, fearing it will fall off.

Just imagining such thing was enough to make him blanch.

Emilia:"Hm?"

(Y/N):"What's wrong?"

Emilia:"Your wound... It is already healing itself...It's not completely healed but it is already starting to mend itself.

Emilia:'The spirits, the lesser spirits around us are healing you"

(Y/N):"Excuse me? What do you mean by that?"

Emilia:"It means you have an affinity for spirits."

Y/N gave a small look toward Reinhard, who was approaching them from the corner of his eyes. The red haired Astrea seemed quite interested by what he was witnessing.

Reinhard:"Lesser spirits have the ability to heal injuries, and if they like you they will gladly help you. Just like what happened to you."

Reinhard explained while gesturing to his injured cheek.

Reinhard:"It's quite a surprise to see someone else having that kind of affinity."

(Y/N):"...I take it you have one too?"

If Y/N remembered well Reinhard has his own healing ability.

Reinhard:"*chuckle* You can say so, Although my ability is nothing major, it can certainly help, trust me."

Y/N did not make any comment and let out a grunt of agreement. He knew well how Avalon's regeneration helped Shirou. It was very helpful even if it was not at full power because the young man was not its owner.

Emilia:"It's strange thought..."

(Y/N):"What's strange?"

Emilia:"I'm a spirit contractor, so I can communicate with them and feel their emotion even if only a little and I know that the spirits were not very fond of you–they were plain neutral– but now they are beginning to like you and you said you had a bad history with spirit in the past so..."

Reinhard:"That's... indeed strange."

murmured Reinhard in agreement while rubbing his chin.

Reinhard:"Do you know something about it Y/N?"

(Y/N):"No, I don't."

And he was honest here, he truthfully didn't know what the elf was asking, he didn't have the slightest idea.
But... If they were willing to heal him then, who was he to deny their generous offer?

It still bore investigation though, who knows, maybe there was some kind of payment that these spirits wanted. He would ask the next time he would meet Beatrice.

Emilia:"Thank you..."

Y/N blinked once, snapped from his stupor and turned to Emilia.

(Y/N):"Huh?"