Chapter 22

Chapter 22. The Crystallization of the Wishes of Mankind

Night-banisher... A magical device that shoots balls of light, not unlike flare guns, but instead of slowly falling, the ball of light stays in the sky and acts like a giant lamp. It was magic that used the Yang or Light Element as its foundation, and in order to be used, the device had to be properly set, planted to the ground with a firm foundation.

It is because to keep the ball of light in the sky glowing no matter what, the device would need mana Obviously, the source of the mana comes from the cannon itself, which absorbs the energy on the earth through its feet, sending something that mimics the signal and makes the ball of light stay afloat.

The second magic device is the Magical Cannon. Like its name, it is a shooting cannon that is made from condensed mana. The way it works is also similar to the Night-banisher. Each condensed mana that is launched has enough power to turn a house into rubble and dirt.

Crusch Karsten originally only planned to bring four, but there was extra help from Sage Miklotov McMahon along with Anastasia Hoshin, thus the cannon number became twelve instead of four.

And now that twelve cannons are launching their attack, each beam capable of bringing down a house, combined together, it would be safe to say that if they hit a mansion the size of Roswaal's manor, there won't be any left from it, such is their power.

But it did absolutely nothing to the beast that stood before them.

"▂▂▂▃▃▃▅▅▅▅!"

The beast howled in defiance and rage, its massive body coiled as it brushed all the cannons that had just hit it as if they were toys. It craned its gigantic head, focusing its entire body, preparing itself to fly once again.

BANG!

A powerful shockwave hit it from the back, making it let out a howl of shock. It was not painful, however, it was strong enough to make it stumble in it's flight.

BANG!

Another one came and forced the demon beast to stumble again. It let out a sound that was heard as annoyed. However, before it could move, dozens of blur rushed toward its giant body and swords pierced the thick skin of the beast, painting the ground with it crimson blood

Or how it's supposed to be.

CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

The swords that they hold break... or most of them at least. A few manage to pierce through the thick skin, but the majority break and shatter like fragile toys.

Y/N, who watched this, had his eyes widened.

(Y/N): "What the fuck?! That! That was not supposed to happen!'

Judging from the shocked faces of the troops, they also share his thoughts. The blade that was given to them is not cheap by any means, and they are also not weak. They already tested them and the result was that they are better than most swords. After all, they're going to hunt a demon beast over a hundred feet tall, so they'll need a blade with a little kick.

When stabbed into the beast, they all look like a mere piece of wood and pointy sticks.

SQUELCH!

Y/N caught a blur of green in the air, followed by the screeching of wind before crimson liquid spurt out from the side of the beast's body, making it let out a howl of pain and spasm a little.

(Y/N): "That must be Crusch's sword."

He noted that as he held himself.

The pseudo Saber stumbled a little as the beast suddenly increased its speed, twisting and coiling almost like a serpent. He gritted his teeth and raised his fist again. Mana burst from his body, focusing on two of his offensive limbs, and he brought them down like a hammer of vengeance.