Chapter 0.4 - Tohsaka

April 2013, 1 Year Before Holy Grail War

It was a quiet evening the students prepare to go home some have to stay to clean up the class, but I didn't have to so I leave the class in an instant. I finally leave the school area and my younger sister was waiting for me near the gate. "Hey Sakura, sorry to make you wait" I say to her. "No problem nee-san, I was just here myself not long ago" she answer. "Well let's go Sakura, today we're going to visit father & mother grave" I say as I start to walk. "Yes, I also want to visit Kariya-san grave as well" she says as she follows along behind me.

We continue walking through the street of Fuyuki to the cemetery, along the way we continue to talk to each other more, about Sakura preparation for her finals in a couple of months, after that she'll graduate and goes into the same Highschool as me and I'll be a 2nd year student by then. "Nee-san next year it'll begin again" she says behind me in a worried tone, I stop my step as I goes back to grab Sakura's hand and pulls her as I run through the city. "Nee-san what are you doing?" She ask surprised, I didn't say a word and keep on dragging her.

Finally arrived near the cemetery, we stop near there because the both of us is tired, we sit down in a bench as the two of us let our breath out. "Nee-san, I'm so tired" said Sakura while still trying to catch her breath, "I know same here" said me also catching my breath, "I'll go get some drink I'll be right back" after she said so she immediately stand up and goes to the near shop, I wasn't able to say any words to her before she leave. Minutes passed and she comes back with a drink, she hands me one of the drink the both of us drink that bottle fast showing how tired we are.

After we're done we throw the bottle to the trash can and enter the cemetery, the first one we visited is our father Tohsaka Tokiomi & mother Tohsaka Aoi the both of us pray silently but serious for them after we're done we go to our uncle Matou Kariya grave, without him maybe me & Sakura won't be together like this, maybe she will still be held in the Matou Family, thinking about it let me tears out without knowing myself, "Nee-san?" Sakura looked at me as she realised my tears, "Ah it's nothing don't worry about it Sakura" I quickly wipes out my tears "Come now we must visit Kirei-san grave" I only said that to hide my tears from her, we finally find the grave we're looking for Kotomine Kirei was my father disciple he also participate in the last war 8 years ago his father also died at the time of war his father was a priest of the Fuyuki crunch. We finally arrived and start praying for them, "So you're also praying on my father & grandfather grave as well?" The both of us hear a woman voice to us we quickly turns to face her, "Thank you very much" she said as she bows down to us, "Are you Kirei-san daughter?" I ask to her, "Yes, forgive my late introduction my name is Caren, Caren Hortensia" she said as she pull the side of skirt up, "I'm Tohsaka Rin and this is my little sister Tohsaka Sakura" the both of us introduce to her in return, "Tohsaka? Ah I remember that my father was saying he was going to Fuyuki as a student of Tohsaka Tokiomi, I'm sorry that I heard he is also one of the victim of the Fuyuki accident 8 years ago" she says to us as she starts tearing as well, "It's okay you don't worry about it" I came closer to her "Now we just have to pray for them, that's all we can do as their daughter". After that the 3 of us pray on both Kirei and his father grave.

Me & Sakura is about to leave the cemetery but suddenly Caren called for the two of us "Please wait" she said as she ran to us "There is something I want to give you & to return what your father gave to my father before" she walks to her car and the two of us just follow her, she takes a case from the car back & open it, there are 2 boxes covered in an old paper, both me & Sakura realised what it is. "Here" she handed the box to us, "Your father ever visit our house before he gives father 3 boxes with the same texture like this two, when father was packing up before leaving he only bring one of the boxes with him, he told me that if something would have happened to him return the two boxes to the head of the Tohsaka family, return it to them before 10 years from now" the two of us takes one each box, we both thanked her by bowing down to her, she just smiles and reply normally. She gets in the car and leaves, we both put the box inside our bag and go home.

On the way home Sakura keeps on putting a worried face on her, we finally arrived home and I open the gate letting us in when I'm about to open the door Sakura starts speaking to me "Nee-san, I... I don't think I can do this" she starts to tears up "Even if I have an amazing catalyst to summon a powerful servant but as a magus I'm very weak, unlike you Nee-san, my magic isn't as amazing or as strong as yours" I quickly hugs her tight "Sakura it doesn't matter, it's okay if you don't want to participate you don't have to push yourself, but you know all this time you've been trying so hard, you've been training with your magic more, you're strong Sakura, you really are" I hugs her even tighter as she begins to cry to me, I pat her head & tap on her back "Come on let's just get some rest from today okay" I take her hand and open the door I hit my head to the door because the door is still locked, I didn't open the door and the key fell down, "Sakura, can I borrow your key? Can I copy this one as well?" She laughed a little at me and hands me the key I can't helped but to get embarrassed when she laughed at me, I finally unlocked the door and let us in, today was really a tough day for us, the Tohsaka Sister.

March 2014, 1 Month Before The Holy Grail War

"Nee-san let's open it now" Sakura said to me while I just finished practicing, "Yeah I wonder what kind of Catalyst is it, maybe we can find out what kind of servant we will summon" I reply to her as I enter the house Sakura follows along behind me, the two of us goes to our father old office now it's ours, we both put the box wrapped in old paper on the table and prepare to open it "You ready Sakura?" I ask her before opening "Yes Nee-san" she replied with confidence in her voice "Alright, on three, 1... 2... 3!" The two of us open the box and takes out the top "This is a piece of a horn?" I took out what's look like a horn from my boxes, I quickly turns to Sakura to see hers "Is this a piece of a sword?" She showed me and ask to me, "Yeah it could be it's like a part of blade part of the sword" I take the one that I have and put it next to Sakura's "For now we can only guess who would this belongs to, but until it started let's close this again" she nodded in agreement the two of us close the box again and put it in the office. What we can do now is just prepare everything we can for it, we have a wish we want to fulfil and the grail is the only power to make that wish comes true, Sakura and I have our own wish so that's why one of us has to win the Holy Grail.

(Tohsaka Rin & Tohsaka Sakura, Prologue End)