Lights Above the Snow(request)

Makucha and Chuluun request from cristianjosuechele

It was nightfall here in the snowy Himalayan mountains. Makucha and Chuluun were resting in their den well the leopard was but not the snow leopard.

The snow leopard was lying on her side, her stomach growing big from her pregnancy. She kept wondering about something, something that's kept her up all night so far.

Grunting, the snow leopard stood, feeling her large stomach weigh her down and she walked out of the den.

Chuluun looked up and saw the stars shimmering the sky so beautifully. It made the snow leopard feel relax as she sat down not far from the den and watched the stars. Chuluun loved to look at the stars, especially when she was deep in thought about something or something bother her and she couldn't stop thinking about it.

"The cubs will be here soon. I wonder if I can be a good mom for them" she told her herself concern, her ears down. Snow leopard moms usually raise their cubs on their own and living in the snowy mountains isn't easy. Luckily for Chuluun, she wasn't gonna raise the cubs alone. She had Makucha. And speaking of Makucha...

"Chuluun?" Her ears perked at his voice as she turned her head around to look at him. The leopard was inside their den, now awake and surprised to see his mate outside. "What are you doing up?" He asked her curious as he stood up and walked out of their den to join her side.

"Oh you know just looking at the stars" she told him casually as Makucha stared at her. The leopard sat next to her, letting her rest her head on his shoulder.

"Yeah right. You only come out to look at stars when something's bothering you" he told her as he smirked. Makucha had been around Chuluun long enough to know that was the only time she would go look at the stars.

The snow leopard sighed heavily which made the leopard look at her with concern. "I'm just wondering if I can be a good mom" she told him, feeling her cubs kicking inside her. After learning she was pregnant, the snow leopard changed leaving her former bad guy ways behind and becoming serious but also loving. She wanted to be the best mom she can be.

"Relax. You'll be ok. Besides, you're not doing this whole parent thing alone right?" He told her and Chuluun chuckled, feeling a little cheered up from hearing that. "Yeah true. Most snow leopard moms would raise their cubs alone. Like my mom heh. So yeah I guess I'm pretty lucky this time" she told him jokingly as Makucha chuckled at her.

But then the leopard's face soften and he also had a look of unsureness "Hey Chuluun" he said and she looked away from the stars to him and saw nervousness in him. "Do you think that I can pull off being a dad?" He asked her nervously. Chuluun stayed quiet and thought about it.

She was surprised to see that he also doubted himself at being a parent like she did. But these past few days, Makucha had watched, cared and protected Chuluun ever since he heard she was pregnant. She smiled at him and nuzzled under his chin, purring.

"You'll do fine. I know it" she told him confident and Makucha blushed surprised but he smiled and nuzzled back as the two slept under the stars together.