Fuli's Aquaphobia (Fuli/Kion)(request)

Request from CheetahpawTheFastest

"Come on! Go go go!" Kion shouted to them alarm, turning around to make sure no one was left behind. The lion guard were on their journey to the Tree of Life when it started raining. At first there was no need to worry until everyone noticed the water was rising especially since they're not far from the nearest lake.

The guard were running to get to higher ground. Kion had to get his friends to safety and fast! His head scanned around and spotted a log, forming a bridge over the river. The other side led to an area with more ground and the water couldn't reach it.

He looked down at the log and placed his paw on it, moving it gently to feel its stability. Beneath his paw it felt a bit rocky but strong enough to hold them. The lion felt uneasy about it but it was there only way.

He turned to the guard "Ok. We'll each go one by one. Be careful. This log could fall any moment if we're not careful" he cautioned them. Bheste went first with Ono on his back and Bunga followed after him. Anga wings were soaked so she came after Bunga.

Kion decided he would be the last one to make sure everyone got to safety. "Ok Fuli. Your turn" he told her. The cheetah looked down at the river with uneasiness, her ears flat. If there was one thing the cheetah didn't like it was water.

Fuli took a deep breath and crossed the log slowly "Don't look down" he reminded her, seeing how the nervous cheetah stared down at the river. Once she got there safely, it was Kion's turn. Fuli let out a sigh of relief. They were out of danger...or so she thought.

SNAP! "AAH!" Fuli's ears went up at a snap and Kion's scream. She quickly turned her head around and her eyes widen in horror to see the log and Kion was gone. "Kion!" Fuli yelled as she and the guard rushed to the edge, their eyes scanning for their leader.

"There he is!" Anga pointed out, pointing her wing at the right. The cheetah turned to her direction and saw Kion, struggling to stay afloat in the water with the log in two pieces. The log had broken while Kion was on it and he had fallen in the river.

"Hweuzi!" Fuli said and tooked off running after Kion. The lion swatted his paws in the water to stay afloat, his eyes on the cheetah showing fear.

The cheetah looked ahead to see where the river lead. Ahead, there was some dry ground but Kion was to out of reach from it and would needed it be dragged out of the water.

The cheetah passed the lion and stopped to think. The guard were now too far from her and if she waited for them to catch up, it would be too late.

The only way to save Kion in time would be to jump in the water and help him. Her. Fuli looked at the river, feeling her heart pounding at it. She greatly feared the water. But Kion was in trouble. She was more afraid to lose Kion than the water.

She closed her eyes and took a step back, taking a deep breath. "Hold on Kion. Hweuzi!" She said, opening her eyes and running to the edge and she jumped off into the water.

The coldness of water shot up through Fuli's body and she quickly swam back up, took a large gasp for air. "Kion!" She called out to him, scanning her head for him. "Fuli!" Her ears twitched at his voice and she spotted him, struggling to stay afloat.

The cheetah kicked her legs and swam to him. The water was too powerful and Kion submerged into the water. The cheetah took a large deep breath and went in the water.

She spotted Kion below and quickly swam towards him. She put his paw around her and helped him get back to the surface. The two cats coughed water, their fur soaked and heavy.

Fuli spotted the dry ground from earlier and she turned to her leader worried "Come on" she told him urgently as Kion nodded to her.

They both swam as hard as they could to get to the water. It wasn't easy since both cats were heavy and Kion was really getting exhausted. Fuli got to land first and she quickly ran to it and grabbed Kion by the scruff of his fur, pulling him on the dirt.

Once she was sure they were far from the water, Fuli let go of his scruff and fell to the ground, panting. Kion was also panting, both of them soaked and wet.

"Kion?" She asked him worriedly, seeing how exhausted he was from being in the river. Kion looked at her and smiled assuringly "I'm ok Fuli. Thanks to you" he assured her gratefully.  She sighed relieved to see he was ok "I still don't like water. But it was worth it" she commented to him and he chuckled at her just as the guard caught up to their friends.