Chapter 2: Mamusha's Attack

It was an early morning for Peach. The lovely Princess Peach got up on purpose because she wanted to see her heroes. She just couldn't stand the wait. The princess got dressed in her usual pink gown and crown on and skipped merrily to where Mario had lead her to the house before.

What unusual behavior was happening today. Toads were screaming and yelling as they ran away from a scene happening in a field. The princess looked confused for a second, but she gasped as she saw what was in the air: one of King Bowser's airships.

"Oh my!" Peach gasped as the wind blew her hair and her dress back.

The princess looked extremely worried, her hands on her heart. She was hoping her heroes would come. Hoping her heroes would save her people once again like they have in the past.

But alas, the heroes were still in a deep sleep in their homes. The bros snored in sync, making it a little cute to witness. Then they both woke up a few minutes later with a loud yelp as a shot of a cannon fired.

"Was that you bro?" Luigi asked playfully as he sat up, getting on his green shirt, cap, boots, and overalls.

"No." Mario told him with an unamused look as he got dressed.

The scream of the princess was heard as the two brothers headed out the door.

"Oh no.." Mario mumbled as the two rushed off to the battlefield, where numerous Toad soldiers, including a tall blue Toad with a green vest and glasses, were fighting the airship, who dodged every attack.

"Stand your ground, troops!" yelled the commander of the army as they fired cannons that weren't very reliable for aim. The princess was in the airship, being held captive by a small figure that had the shape of a young woman.

The hood of her cape covered her face and her blue hair danced on the waves of the wind. Her lavender silky dress was fluttering in the wind, along with her cape.

"Wh-who are you?" Princess Peach asked in dismay, cocking her head to the side. "Are you one of Bowser's minions?"

The woman didn't reply, she just edged closer to the poor confused princess. She let our little strains of worry and doubt, hoping her hero would come and rescue her.

The concerned Mario brothers carried the tallest Toad to the grass and gave him a 1-up mushroom. The Toad had blue spots on his mushroom cap, glasses, and a green vest. He was injured badly and needed care.

But this wasn't the time. They'd care for him later, but now they had an important mission in their hands. The Mario bros heard the screams of the princess coming from the airship and jumped high up, gripping onto the railing of the airship. They climbed up to the deck of the airship and rushed to find the princess, who was terrified of the mysterious woman that edged closer to her.

"Princess!" Luigi called out, wanting to get her attention.

The princess turned to see her heroes, who were all riled up and ready to fight. The woman turned around to see the heroes, smirking. Mamusha's plan was set in motion. Her bait was trapped.

Mario growled as he saw the woman taking her coat off, revealing her straight blue hair that bounced on the wind's breath. It was, indeed Mamusha.

"Why don't you go away and leave the princess alone?!" Mario spat as he got in a running stance.

"She's a tool. A tool for a trap. You two are like mice looking for cheese in the yard and then...SNAP! There goes your precious life of murdering!" Mamusha growled, rendering the feelings from inside.

The brothers gasped, not sure of what was going on. Peach gasped because they were accused of murder, they didn't commit any crime.

"M-murderers?! We're plumbers!" Luigi screamed, looking at her straight in her blood red eyes.

"That's where you're wrong. You killed my only chance of true happiness in this world."

Her statement brought worry into the bros' eyes.

"B-but..."

"See? You can't hide the fact that you are cold-blooded killers. And you mortals mean nothing to me. I know your little secret."

Then from out of the blue, Mamusha raised her hand and began to cast a spell from the inner depths of the ground, beginning to raise humungous chunks of dirt from the ground. She mumbled gibberish and began sending them a surprise taste of rain from the chunks of earth raining down on them.

"You will meet your end, just like she did!" Mamusha yelled as she sent more rocks coming their way.

The rocks hit them on the head and sent them flying back on he grass, where the Toad with the glasses was recovered. The bros landed on their stomachs, looking up with their blurry vision. Mario put his hand in front of his face, seeing the Toad with glasses running over to them as their consciousness faded.

The figure of the Toad with glasses was the last thing Mario and Luigi saw before they blacked out.